Daily Bible Study

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Day 45 – Humble Heart 2 Kings 22:8-20 Humble has many meanings. For our purpose the definition is: not proud or arrogant, modest, and courteously respectful. In this sense when we have a humble attitude we will find favor with those around us. James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up. (KJV) Josiah was given the book of the law found in the temple when the work was being done. When he heard the words of the law, he humbled himself before God and God told him that all the evil that would come to Judah because of the wickedness of his fathers would not come in his lifetime. Our attitude towards each other and towards God is what will bring favor or evil in our lives. People have a tendency to stay away from people who are arrogant and puff themselves up more than they should – over exaggerating their abilities and capabilities. We are not to pat ourselves on the back or toot our own horn, but allow others to do that for us in a modest manner. Remember God sees our heart and our motivations. God told Josiah ‘because thine heart was tender’ God saw his heart. He saw his motivations. He knew Josiah had turned his heart to obedience to God and did not do as his fathers before him. God sees us as well and when our motivation is to seek God and do His will, He will lift us up as the verse in James says. Let’s pray: Father, give me a humble heart that I might serve You and not become prideful and arrogant before others to my destruction. In Jesus’ name, I pray, amen. Copyright © 14 November 2015 by Valerie Jean Routhieaux Image courtesy of Pixaby
@Lucky15 (33530)
Hi ma'am. Thanknyou for this. Our motives and what God sees in us.
You're welcome. God knows us better than we know ourselves. Therefore it's always good to have a humble heart.
@UncleJoe (7187)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Thank you for that timely message. May the Lord Bless you for faithfully reminding others of His Goodness.
You're welcome. May the Lord bless you as well.
@Rollo1 (16666)
• Boston, Massachusetts
Boastful people are not easy to be around. I tend to think that too much bragging is a sign of insecurity.
It is hard to be around them. I find myself turning in another direction when I see someone I know is all about themselves.
It is always a good reminder to stay humble. Thank you for the Bible lesson today. =)
You're welcome.