Last Chance This Week To Rake Leaves

This week is my last chance to rake leaves and bag them in those brown paper huge bags for composting. After that the city will stop the pick up until next April. So I guess I better get busy this week if I don't want to miss the composting truck. Did some raking this afternoon, now relaxing on Mylot.
Good for you Marie, you are great to get out and rake. I dont have to do that here, but wish I could sort of.
I do enjoy doing the raking but it is getting harder as I get older.
@marlina Yes funny you say that marie as I just sat on the floor cross legged and my hips and back felt crunching with age and creeking lolz
@TiarasOceanView I hear you sister!
@Rollo1 (16686)
• Boston, Massachusetts
I liked the good old days when we burned the leaves or threw them in the compost pile - or both. The next door neighbors put out about 15 brown bags of leaves, it's amazing how many they have.
Usually in the Fall, we have about 30 brown bags of leave to put out.
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I don't envy you at all. I have always hated raking leaves.
I have always loved to rake leaves, now it is harder as I am not a Spring chicken anymore.
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@marlina I do know that raking is good exercise as you use so many muscles you don't even realize until the next day when you get up and try to move around.
Leaf raking is going on around here too. As I drive around town I see piles and piles of leaves getting ready to be bagged for pick-up
This the season for raking leaves. Soon, it will be shovelling snow.
@gudheart (12743)
I didn't no, I am not into gardening :(
Too bad, gardening is so much fun!
@Freelanzer (9496)
I did my last raking this weekend .
Good for you. Do you enjoy raking leaves?
@RonElFran (1113)
• Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Wow, it seems quite early to stop leaf pickups. Here in Pennsylvania leaves are still falling profusely. Our leaf season is far from over.
I guess it is because our climate is colder.
• Glasgow, Scotland
Here in Glasgow we have a Brown bin for garden waste and it used to be that the council would not pick it up at all over the Winter. Luckily they changed that a couple of years ago so it is now picked up just as regularly now... Hope you get all your leaves raked up on time. :)
I hope that I get all the leaves taken care of too. Do not want to shovel leaves with the snow.
The farmer combined the corn in the field behind us, so what we rake will be thrown back there. It will blow far away out into that field and eventually be turned over into the soil.
@Blondie2222 (22365)
We don't even worry about raking our leaves, we don't have many anyways. We just haven't had time to go out there and do it this year but oh well. Hope you get it finished in time so the truck can come pick it up for you
Cold weather and rain are forecast from next Saturday. I also have to finish everything in the garden.
@NeldaHoxie (1388)
I just rake them into my own composting pile or under the bushes directly. It's nice they pick up yours if you need them to.
@boiboing (12882)
• Northampton, England
That's a good idea to put a time limit on the collection to stop people leaving them hanging around too long.
What happens to the leave that drop after this composting? It sounds like they should be picking up until at least jan.
My husband never rakes leaves...they get ground up with the tractor. When you live in the country things are different!