Bright and beautiful

sofspics, liliums
By sofs
@sofssu (14462)
Things around us are neither bright nor beautiful. The news is mostly bad around the world. While I pray and feel the same emotions I hope we do not dwell on them. Here is something bright and beautiful for you.. I took a picture of these flowers at the green house yesterday. Hope you like them. Have a lovely day.
@Rollo1 (16689)
• Boston, Massachusetts
I think it's important to know what is going on in the world, but we can't let these things make us sink into despair. We have lives to live and they deserve our attention.
@sofssu (14462)
@Rollo1 Yes, I agree with you totally.. Watching the dreadful turn of events in Beirut and Paris makes me feel sick to the core. I really need to switch off the TV. However, the focus here seems to be more on the B site which is even more sickening.
@sofssu it will eventually die down because the site is gone.
@sofssu (14462)
@hereandthere It has too.. but why does every single person write on the same subject.. It boring to respond and write the same thing over and over again.. do you see my point.
@gudheart (12752)
That is so pretty :D Looks like a shot from paradise lol
@sofssu (14462)
@gudheart I am glad you think so.. Maybe we need a shot of paradise to heal our souls.
@gudheart (12752)
@sofssu It certainly helps us escape the hell we live in at times!
@sofssu (14462)
@gudheart You said it like it is.
@sueznewz2 (9969)
• Alicante, Spain
Thats a nice photo...those flowers would brighten anyones day.... I havd stopped watching coverage of it now.... like I said in my post... if this event causes fear and anxiety then they are continuing to win by the fact that people are hostages to fear.... prayer and positive meditation for the people of france is thd best thing you can do.... and don't listen to any more news coverage....
@sofssu (14462)
@sueznewz2 Absolutely.. I have shut off my TV .. Its only prayers and good thoughts for me. I am glad you like the picture.
The liliums are beautiful, I know that the news are sad, but life must go on.
@sofssu (14462)
@LadyDuck So true.. watching all this on TV is too much for me,.
@salonga (28016)
Very lovely! Thank you for sharing something bright and beautiful today! Indeed the news around are bad but we need not spoil our day. We can always pray and trust God is always in control. The beautiful things around will be of great help to brighten up our day.
@sofssu (14462)
@salonga Its always comforting to think that God is in control. I was really sad watching the news on Beirut and Paris.. I needed something to turn my attention.
Yes, those are lovely bright colourful flowers you took a shot of.
@sofssu (14462)
@Juliaacv I hope it brightens your spirits.
I have a day off, a little outside the budget earned monies to spend on Christmas (yay!), and am going to treat myself to gloves. I found some bright for my day.
@sofssu (14462)
@Jessicalynnt I am happy for you.. sometimes we need a treat for ourselves. I hope you find something your really like. Enjoy your holiday.
@sofssu I shall report back later! lol
@sofssu (14462)
@Jessicalynnt Waiting to hear from you
@simone10 (21657)
• Louisville, Kentucky
It's dark, gloomy and raining here today so your flowers surely brightened my day.
@sofssu (14462)
@simone10 I am so happy to bring a little color to your gloomy day.
@simone10 (21657)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@sofssu It was very much appreciated. It makes me long for spring when we will be in a house and I can plant flowers again.
@birjudanak (7227)
its look really beautiful and flowers and plants are that thing that if you see them you feel joy and happiness,some are that kind that if you look at them once then you just seeing them and you forget everything.its good if someone have flowers in house who also one kind of motivation.
@sofssu (14462)
@birjudanak I love flowers it never fails to brighten up my day.
@sofssu yes its nice thing i even seen in tv then i like to enjoy them because they look so beautiful and give some inspiration and like to do good work.
It is kind of scarey with what is going on in France. now there is threats against the USA.
@sofssu (14462)
@jstory07 Beirut is going through a similar attack from the terrorists.. the world is surely under threat from madmen and inhuman beings.