I Certainly Need Some Help Here

I'm trying to figure out how this site works, so I will have to spend some time here learning from others, I hope. First question: What does it mean to "enter up to 5 tags separated by commas?" What's a tag. Is that like @jaboUK(5794) I'll use her because I know her from Bubblews. Next question: How do you get paid on this site?
@inertia4 (27773)
Tags are keywords. That's all they are. So for an example, if you have lets say, Buying and Eating as keywords or tags, just do the following, Buying, Eating. That's it.
I finally figured that out. Thanks for the input.
@inertia4 (27773)
@IreneVincent You're welcome. See, it is not hard. You will pick things up as you go along.
Welcome to myLot. Everyone is willing to help and Im sure you'll find your way around here in no time.
Yes, thanks for the welcome. I'm learning pretty fast, thanks to everyone helping out. I hope that I will soon get everything figured out so that I can just enjoy the site and not have to keep figuring things out as I muddle through.
@owlwings (39878)
• Cambridge, England
Welcome to MyLot! Q1: A tag has essentially the same function as the '+' or the '#' did on Bubblews, except that they are in a separate box. They are used in various ways - in Searching for discussions, in choosing what previous discussions are shown in the 'You May Also Like' box you'll see to the right of some discussions and those that you have used in the past decide what discussions show up in the 'Interesting' selection in the 'Explore' tab. Don't forget to separate tags with commas! "mylot tags" is just one tag: "mylot, tags" is two. Q2 is answered in the Earnings Program FAQs. The short answer is "automatically, by PayPal, monthly once you have accumulated at least $10 in your account by the last day of any month." In other words, if your balance was $12.30 on the 30th November, you'd expect to receive exactly $12.30 (no deductions) in your PayPal account on or before 15th December. Here's my Wonderful, Excellent Links Compilation Of Mylot Essentials:
A quick user guide to MyLot with answers to some Frequently Asked Questions, a short history of MyLot and other notes Pages Useful Links Welcome to MyLot MyLot is a social site which rewards you for taking part in discussions. There are members from all ov
Thanks for the information. I haven't found the "You May Also Like" box yet. I will go look for it. I've printed out several "How to..." pages so far and plan to read and reread them.
Hello Alice, I think you may soon get a visit from @Owlwings as he is the all-seeing, all-knowing go-to guy on this site. Mentions (@) don't go blue in the body of a post, but they do in the comments. You'll soon find your way around. Welcome to the site.
Thanks Jabo, I'm really trying to learn how to do things here. It's very overwhelming at first, but I am making progress. @Owlwings has already responded to me a few times and I'm so thankful. I am printing out "How to.." pages and will read them thoroughly. I have some FREE time today so I'm using it to learn as much as I can about this site.
@Auntylou (4318)
• Oxford, England
Ps , welcome to myLot!
Thanks for the welcome. I'm trying to make as many friends as I can here. This is all new to me, but so far I'm enjoying the interaction. Today I'm trying to "follow" new friends and old friends from the B site.
@Auntylou (4318)
• Oxford, England
A tag might be any topic that you have written about. It can be on a discussion you have started or a comment you have made. It helps inform what comes up in your " interesting" list.
That's my next thing to look at: The "interesting" list. I haven't gone there yet, but I'm thinking that that is THE place to go to find interesting topics that I might enjoy reading. There is so much to keep up with here, but I will find a rhythm to it sooner or later, I guess.
• Dayton, Ohio
Owlings answered the question well. I think of tags like ways to categorize content. The tag is the instruction that keeps similar material grouped together in a way that search boxes understand.