Babies cry for so may reasons.

Secunderabad, India
I was checking baby centre website to know why babies normally cry and the reasons are hunger, burp, diaper change, colic , gas, overtired, uncomfortable , sleepy or if they just need a touch of mom or dad but we usually think it could be hunger or pain which is not the case and also it seems for new born to 4 months old its good if the babies can sleep atleast for 16 to 17 hours of sleep!
@ShyBear88 (18031)
Have you heard of the 4th trimester it's normaly the first few months of a new babies life. When you think about a baby has been inside his or her mom for nearly 40 plus weeks. They are use to dim lights and low sounds so when they come out everything is just over stimualating to them. This is why many babies cry other then letting us know they need something. There is also reflex, and other things to cause babies to cry.
• Secunderabad, India
Heard about reflex that's true thank you! Now he stopped crying like before.
@ShyBear88 (18031)
@sheelahasan its common with lots of babies.
@cessy_08 (308)
• Dublin, Ireland
Oh there could be hundreds of reasons why they cry. But the issue is the ability of the parents to interpret the reason why they cry. Until this moment (my son is now 20 months old), there are times where I am left absolutely clueless why he is crying. I would then go on trying each and every means I could think of to give what he needs.
I am right there with you. When I don't know what else to do, I just let him sit there and cry. Sometimes it's just temper tantrums. When it's that you can't give in.
@cessy_08 (308)
• Dublin, Ireland
@DanieGirl80587 It is is temper tantrums, I let him cry and star to walk away. My son immediately "gets" that I can't let him have his way and follow me without tears.
@bubuth (1816)
Yes, babies cry for so many reasons so parents need to have long patient and guess in every baby's cry.
Yep babies cry for everything. It gets worse when they get a little older. They essentially whine like my 16 month old since he can't talk yet. It gets better I'm sure when they can actually communicate with you.
@amnabas (10315)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Oh yes these are the major issues with babies.