The mother was not amused.

Roseburg, Oregon
This mother came into our store last night with two children that she let run over to the toy section. She than left them there and bought some stuff and than came back and picked up her children and went to pay for her stuff. First the cashier rang up the two cans of silly string that the kids had played with and wasted. She said I do not want to buy those.The cashier said you have to.Your kids wasted them and put them all over the place. She said my kids did not do that. Than the cashier pointed to the silly string all over the kids shoes. The mother got mad and said how much and she paid for the two cans of silly string and said what a stupid store you have and left without the rest of the stuff. I guess if she had to pay for stuff her kids wasted she did not want the stuff. The cashier said I guess if your kids can not act like wild animals you are leaving. The mother was not amused she left mad.
@poehere (17729)
• French Polynesia
That's the way it should be. You shouldn't leave your kids unattended in a store and especially in a toy lane.
People just let their kids run wild anymore.
@poehere (17729)
• French Polynesia
@jstory07 I have to agree with you. One time when my daughter was very small she picked up a package of chewing gum and started to eat it. I got out of the store and asked her what she had. She showed it to me and I took her back in the store. I made her pay the store manager and I told him to take the gum and throw it away. I had to teach her she could not steal from the store. She cried but she did learn her lesson. She never did it again. I did have a lot of looks and people talking about this. I was very young and she was just 3 when this one happened. The manage told me that parents just don't do that. I told him I am so sorry but I do work hard and I know how much it cost to take care of her and life is not free. He wanted to give her a balloon and I wouldn't allow her to take it. I felt this was rewarding her for being bad.
@Shellyann36 (8919)
Don't blame the cashier at all!! I went to a Party City store once with my sister's ex-sister-in-law. We were giving my sister a baby shower. She had her two kids with her. While we were browsing the store she let them run all over the place just as wild as jack rabbits. I can honestly say that I was very embarrassed. They moved merchandise, knocked things off of the shelves and in general up ended the store. We got done and purchased our items and upon leaving the store I apologized to the cashier for their behavior. Their mother was oblivious the entire time. After the first romp down an aisle I asked her if she was worried that they might break something and she said, "oh no they won't break anything, I am not worried about them, I just let them go."
I do not shop on the weekends because children are running wild in the store.
That cashier was on the job doing the right thing. I like that she stood her ground with that mom. Plenty of people would have let that woman walk away free nilly.
She felt bad because the mother had a lot of things in her cart.
@amnabas (9966)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Lol she must not be abgry because her kids used those strings.
I agree she should have to pay.
@Auntylou (4327)
• Oxford, England
@marguicha is right and so was the cashier to make the mother pay .
It is the parent's fault.
Actually it is parent´s fault that children don´t behave. You cannot let a child run loose in a super. You either have them go along with you or you find a babysitter.
The children were only 3 or 4 years old. They should not have been left alone.
@xiaolisu (1958)
• Shenyang, China
that kind of things happened sometime .but the mother always apologize to the cashier then pay it .she have no reason to getting mad .
She was not amused, but she was wrong to let the kids play while she moved around in the store.
@sofssu (14493)
Don't al stores make you pay for what kids have broken, wasted or ruined? I can't understand mothers who leave their children unattended while shopping.