Holiday drama begins!

@Trensue (5253)
Next week is Thanksgiving and the drama begins. My sister will be with her husband in some hospital, yet to be determined. Our son will wait till the last minute and change his plans. My father needs to be picked up and delivered somewhere, but he normally refuses to stay with anyone but my sister. My brother, the one who lives with me, will pretend he is going to his step daughters and will disappear. My other brother never speaks to me unless he has something rude to say. So I am thinking about being really selfish and just signing up for work and then I can not be involved!
I don't blame you for wanting to work instead, it sounds like a big mess!
@Trensue (5253)
There is a lot going on with my family. Maybe next year things will settle down.
@Marcyaz (35592)
It sure does sound like a big mess and I wouldn't want to stay home alone.
@Marcyaz (35592)
@Trensue I hope for your sake next year is better at Thanksgiving time then this year has been.
I'll be working the night before. If I don't cook then we don't get fed. I can't really afford Thanskgiving this year, so I suppose I'll make spaghetti IF Anything. I say it's better to just do what you want, which is what I usually do for the Holidays.
@Trensue (5253)
That is probably sound advice! What do I want? LOL
@Marcyaz (35592)
At least you have a meal to fix.
@Marcyaz This is very true.
@Marcyaz (35592)
Well if no one is going to be there with you for Thanksgiving then the next best thing is to sign up to work and you won't have to be bothered with your family.
@Trensue (5253)
Working is always an option - there is always work to do.
@Marcyaz (35592)
@Trensue Then that is a good option for anyone who won't be with family or friends over the Holiday period.
I do not know what kind of job you have, but it sounds like you will be more welcome and wanted there. I often used to work some of the holidays.