The Weather is frightful.

Banks, Oregon
It's early morning here on top hill, rains pouring down and, the winds blowing. I'm about to have some coffee, then go carry a bunch of wood in for Mom and, Grandma, not especially looking forward to it, but I will have done my good deed for the day. I split some kenneling up last night. So, Mom would be able to build a fire when she wakes up wit my nieces to get them off to school. Do you have a wood stove or electric heat?
• Preston, England
the weather is the same in the UK - we have electric heating here
@JESSY3236 (4885)
I have electric heat. My uncle and my future mother in law had a fireplace.
@ridingbet (36277)
I had electric heater when I worked as a nurse in Kuwait. No, we use the electric fans if ho, and wear thick sweaters when cold.
@Rollo1 (16681)
• Boston, Massachusetts
I do actually have electric heat. I have electric baseboards. It's not the most efficient, but I like having it all on one bill. I am not using heat yet, it costs far too much. We will need it soon, but for now we can all bundle up.
We have solar panels which supply hot water except on very overcast days. Then we have an electric booster. We have a wood fire through the winter so keeping up a wood supply is important to us.
@wetnosedogs (1576)
We are supposed to get our rain here on Wednesday, I guess. No wood stove or electric heat here. I have gas heat.
@VivaLaDani13 (16103)
• Perth, Australia
@TRBRocks420 We have an electric heater. But I’ve always wanted to know what it’s like to sit near a fire place to get warm. I know that’s a weird thing to want but it just seems really peaceful. I think about it a lot actually. I have this day dream a lot where I am in a nice log cabin surrounded by nature and at night, I’m safe inside keeping myself warm. Or reading a book or listening to nice music near the fire.
Yeah, having a fire is cool and, it's something you will have even if the power goes out.
@Freelanzer (6413)
You are such a good son. The weather was frightful here too yesterday
Thank you my friend :) I try my best to be.
@T_gray (7898)
• Salina, Kansas
I have electric heat. Right now I'm too cheap to turn it in so I have little electric fireplaces in each room that I turn in every now and then to get the chill out if the air. Luckily the weather hasn't been that bad here so far
@gemmsky (173)
We have electric heating, but a gas boiler, although currently our heating isn't working...come on landlord, sort it out! To quote Game of Thrones...'Winter is coming' ;)