When should you delete a post?

@Trensue (5265)
I had been off this site for years, and all those old posts are still here. Is there any value in leaving them? Is there any real reason to take them down? I go to no responses almost every day to make sure no one is left hanging and I have noticed one user makes a lot of posts that never seem to go. I guess she probably makes up for the empties with volume. Is there a real strategy here? I am missing the boat again? Am I paddling upstream? I often do you know. It's all good right!
@owlwings (38091)
• Cambridge, England
I don't think you're missing the boat. As I'm sure you will have read, its all about interaction - especially others interacting with your posts by responding, commenting, 'liking' or whatever. The more attractive and informative your posts are, the more people are likely to want to interact with you. It's all about having fun, really.
@Trensue (5265)
Attractive, like picture and such@owlwings?
• Riga, Latvia
@Trensue I am not sure if very old posts still mean anything but as new people come on here who knows perhaps they choose to follow you and may look back at some of your old discussions and like what they read. I guess we can all still see all of them right?
@Auntylou (4410)
• Oxford, England
I doubt if they would go years back. I would discard all but the best!
@Trensue (5265)
Some of them that I can see were way back and I hardly even remember being on the site. As near as I can tell they never go away unless you wipe them out.
@divalounger (2277)
I too think it is about the interaction here more than posting a bunch--but in answer to your original question, I am not sure--I have some older posts up, but I tend not to post a bunch
@Trensue (5265)
@divalounger So you mostly comment on others and start very few conversations?
• Vancouver, British Columbia
I'm still new here so I think it really says something about the community that people purposely go to "No Response" to lend posts a hand. That's nice.
@Trensue (5265)
I just hate it when people begin to feel invisible. That scares me a little.
@babaraimc (1339)
• Pakistan
it is really good of you to go at no response area
@Trensue (5265)
I usually find something interesting, expect there is one person who has pages. I am guessing they put up a " lot ' of posts at one time and then only go back to the one with comments. @baraimc