What is the official myLot word on using articles from defunct sites?

I really don't see anything in the Guidelines that fit the current situation. Many sites say "original" content only. I don't see that statement in the myLot Guidelines. You know that those old 'B' articles are going to be showing up, some have already. Before we get to far into this I would just like to get some kind of official word. It may save grief later on. I only saved a dozen or so of my over 3800 articles so I won't be dropping a bundle on here or anywhere else that's for sure! I know I can count on a few veterans to answer that question....
@GoAskAlice (4363)
It isn't officially part of the current guidelines, but I have been discouraging "recycled" content. However, if a site and it's content no longer exist, I would probably be remiss if I didn't allow it. I am still trying to develop a solid policy regarding this particular issue and as soon as I do, I will post an advisement.
That was fast, thanks!
I thought it was a given that we do not repost our work from other sites we're on. At least that's the impression I got.
|Thanks for this fast anwwer.
@boiboing (12881)
• Northampton, England
Policy or no policy, I always think it's better to rewrite something than to just copy-paste. It's also better for people who may have already read it somewhere else.
I agree but I also have to say that after reading thousands and thousands of articles since 2008 I might not recognize them unless they smacked me upside the head! It would have to be somethings really fantastic for me to remember reading something from years ago.
@Rollo1 (16685)
• Boston, Massachusetts
I think some articles might be easily recycled but some never would and some might be recognized by others who read it on my last site. I would probably do some re-writing and editing if I really wanted to use an article again. Mostly, I think it's better to write new content.
@Rollo1 Since this isn't really a 'writing site' I think its just as easy to come up with something new. There is just so much to pick from and since there is basically no min. word count..start fresh!
@Morleyhunt (21363)
I read the response. I don't have more than a dozen saved, so the subject might be similar, the post will be new.
I wasn't big on saving the small stuff, just the important one, important to me.
@mysdianait (64058)
I see that you got an official response here already so I will just say hello. Good to see you after a long time!
Hey there - nice to see you also - I recognize your @ name!!! Yes, the official answer was the fisrt one I got, he was super fast!
I only kept a few of mine from over there.
I kept my stories - those I cared about more than anything - everything else is either old news or something that can be recreated better.