Can I get well off from schizophrenia?

Malaysia
Hi, I been diagnosed with schizophrenia 18 years ago. I have depression also. On my worst day, I could not take a simple task like taking a bath and hearing voices. Regular days it is not problem for me. I take medicine everyday. My questions is can I get well soon of this mental disease? I am currently work at home.
• Denmark
This is definitely a question for specialists in this field. What do your doctors say about your getting well *soon*? After all, you've got the disease already for *18* years.
He did not confirm anything but just saying I need to take medicine for the rest of the life, I definitely wondering. I have search on the internet, that it doesn't get well as it is chronic.
• Denmark
@wongchoiyee There are many diseases for which you need medication all your life.
@MALUSE ok it calm me down a bit.
Most of chronic patients of any sort will have to take their meds for the rest of their lives. I have a lot of pills that I must take on a permanent basis. I had to accept it.
I just started a new medication to gt the voices gone and it's working for me. If I were to stop the pills the voices would sure return. The only thing I am not taking all the time is the depression pills.
• Bridgton, Maine
My suggestion, Wongchoiyee, is to not settle for partial success when it comes to treating your mental illness. If you feel you haven't made as much progress as you would like and want to make more progress in the future, then tell this to the doctor.