My Mouse Has Died!

North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, my poor mouse has finally died. It had a good long life though. I guess as long as any typical mouse. A few years, well, maybe four. You see, it got a crimp in it's tail, and that really shortened it's lifespan. It sure makes navigation difficult. I guess I need to get a wireless one this time.
• Thiruvananthapuram, India
haha. 4 yeaqrs seems to be a really long time. mine is just 6 months old and already its stopped responding.
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Oh, so sorry! I guess mine outlived most!
• Thiruvananthapuram, India
@cindiowens Yeah. i just bought my new logitech almost 6 months before. And now it is not doing well.Congrats to your mouse which did survive this much long. Hey name your mouse.
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
@rahulvsmokiee Okay, My mouse's name is Whiskers. Lol'
@Lucky15 (33698)
Four years is quite long for me ;) Wireless are great. Though i don't use them all the time :)(
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
My kids have wireless, I might try one.
@cindiowens Yes, optical + wireless is the best. No need for a mouse pad with optical, any surface will work, even the arm of a sofa.
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
@EugenesDDen I do hate trying to find a surface that they will work on. Sounds like a great idea.
Make sure you get an optical one and try them in your hand before buying. Some mice are very big and cumbersome, in fact I once saw a "rat" which some bright spark designer thought would be a great idea. Unfortunately you would have to have hands like Muhammad Ali to use it!
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Lol, that is hilarious! The kind I get usually come in that terrible clear plastic that cuts you as you try to open it, so I will just "look" for a small one.
@cindiowens Mine is a Microsoft Notebook Optical Mouse 4000, which is nice and compact.
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
@EugenesDDen I will look for one of those, thanks!
My mouse needs a new battery now and then but it's doing well so far.
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Kind of like a pacemaker for mice, lol.
@cindiowens Haha. Exactly. Why didn't I think of that?
Then your going to buy batteries more often than you would care to. I take the wired mouse every time.
The battery in my mouse lasts about 4 weeks. It goes asleep when not being moved. You can always use a rechargeable AA.
@kevin1877uk (36989)
Awww poor mouse RIP So A new mouse then, yeah I have wireless one and it works well :)
Get a decent one. First wireless I bought ate batteries. This one I change battery once every six months or so.
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Kids have wireless, they do need batteries often...
@Rollo1 (16685)
• Boston, Massachusetts
@cindiowens My trick for the wireless was to take the batteries out and reverse their positions. That would give it a kick for a little bit longer, and then I would do it again.
@Bluedoll (17052)
Are you 100% sure. Though wireless ones are nice specially the laser types. Did you clean the little ball and wheels? I am not being funny.
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
It is not the kind with the rubber ball. It has, or rather had, a red laser light.
@UncleJoe (10863)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Wireless is the only way to go for me. I used to have a wireless keyboard, but, like you, it had no tolerance for coffee @cindiowens
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Lol. I feel so old. No one needs their VCR's to stop blinking 12:00 any more...
@Rollo1 (16685)
• Boston, Massachusetts
I am using a mouse with a cord that is too short and it doesn't work very well, but it is still better than the new one I bought to replace it.
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
I used mine until it just wouldn't work any more. I wiggled the wires as long as I could, but no more life in it.
@wetnosedogs (1554)
Long live the mouse! 3 to 4 years doesn't seem so long.
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
It has taken a lot of abuse. Four people using it for that long....Hope the computer keeps up.
I've had wireless, I don't recommend it unless they've improved immensely. One computer I had came with both the wireless mouse and keyboard. It was a pain in the you know where.
First Bubbles and now your mouse....so sad to hear of it's passing. I'm going to make sure my mouse doesn't get a crimp in its tail
@Missmwngi (10783)
• Nairobi, Kenya
Ha haa sorry hope you can get another one
@xFiacre (5160)
@cindiflowers You had me there for a bit. I genuinely thought you were lamenting the demise of a pet mouse with whiskers and all!
@Katlynn (377)
When I read that your mouse got a crimp in its tail, I was thinking a real mouse in a mouse trap lol
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Lol, the wire got crimped and must have broken on the inside.
@UncleJoe (10863)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I buy Mouses/mice and keyboards at Big Lots. Very cheap @cindiowens
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
That's where the hubby suggested, but that is too far to drive for just a mouse.
I have a wireless one for my laptop and I love it. but you do have to get batteries for it.
@sofssu (14447)
I need my mouse.. I have one of those wireless mouses and its been three years now. I cannot work with the laptop mouse so well.
RIP your mouse. It has lived its life and given you good service. Time to move on