What are your thoughts on gambling?

Banks, Oregon
I think gambling is both good and, bad, it can be a lot of fun. I love playing cards Texas hold em especially, the competition is fun, a game of skill and, intelligence. I also like playing slots and, it's great if you win or if you don't spend much, unfortunately it can turn into an addiction for a lot of people, they will get paid and, go put their whole pay check in the poker machine. I think a lot of that is they know their pay check isn't enough to do what they would like to be able to do. What are your thoughts on gambling? Random fact gambling was actually made legal during the time of the depression, they decided they would bring it out in the open and, tax it, actually really helped.
@VivaLaDani13 (22028)
• Perth, Australia
@TRBRocks420 I'm the same as you. It can be fun but there are people who will waste their time and a hell of a lot of money just trying to win even bigger money. It's sad really. A lot of people would say they are stupid but it can happen. People can be addicted to gambling.
Yeah, my Dad is majorly addicted to it, has never been able to stop.
• Perth, Australia
@TRBRocks420 I'm sorry. :( My mum was addicted once though I don't know much about it. I really hope your dad can break that addiction soon!
@T_gray (7805)
• Salina, Kansas
I enjoy going to a casino every now and then but I have self control to not get addicted. I go in with a certain amount of money and if I lose it all then I'm done playing. I enjoy playing slots the most. I'm not confident enough to play cards in a casino. But I like playing cards at home.
Same here I also like going to the casino and, playing once in awhile, but the same as you. I won't spend more then I can afford.
@WorDazza (10091)
• Manchester, England
I like a bit of gambling, mostly on sporting events and also a bit of blackjack. I always stick to the maxim "don't gamble with what you can't afford to lose".
@ridingbet (59368)
there is a number-gambling here in my city, although it is covert, the people who get the wagers are open with their small notebooks.
@babaraimc (1323)
• Pakistan
I dont like gambling
@Avijit100 (953)
• Calcutta, India
Gambling is one of the worst addictions that has resulted in many stories of riches to rags. Staying away from it is the best policy.
@sirnose (2440)
I enjoy a wager every now and then but I know gambling can become a bad habit that can bring you to ruins. People gamble because they think that they will one day beat those outrageous odds.