Housefly agony

By sofs
@sofssu (14485)
We usually see a few house flies in the heat of summer. This year summer has died a slow death and winter is slowly creeping in unnoticed as the day goes to sleep. The nights are getting colder and the days are sunless thanks to the cloudy weather. Which by itself is dull and annoying. Now I have houseflies to add to my agony. The seem to have come into the house I really don't know how.. all windows and doors are shut these days. The ones that are open are fixed with wire netting. These flies seem to know how to annoy me.. The wait for me to get busy on my laptop and them come and sit on my face or forehead..whirring around my face. My dog used to have a hard time with them and would try to snap at them with her mouth. I guess I would do it too if I were a dog, However, since I am not I run around with an electric swatting bat to kill these ugly things. I am crying out my murderous intentions aloud as I chase them around the house. I guess I would seem like a mad woman on a mission.. lucky for me all curtains are drawn and windows are closed. I am good at swatting flies .. but today I seem to be on the losing side. Do you have any solutions for me?
lol I feel your pain my friend. I have been doing the same thing, but just with regular fly swatter. I love when I tag one good, the big ones try to mess with you and, they are fast. Be glad when they all freeze.
@sofssu (14485)
LOL good to see you here.. welcome to Mylot. They are really annoying I have killed a couple of them this morning,. but now they seem to have increased in number. They are real fast..
@sofssu Good to see you here too :) and, yes I hate them lol.
@sofssu (14485)
@TRBRocks420 I didn't realize you have been here for ten days now.. Hope you enjoy mylotting.
those nasty strips, gross but always effective for us
@sofssu (14485)
@Jessicalynnt What kind of strips are you talking about?
@sofssu sticky fly strips. you unroll and hang them up, flies get stuck and die it's super gross, but it works
@sofssu (14485)
@Jessicalynnt I don't think we get them here.. I need to check around.. Though I do remember people hanging up some sheets years ago.
@gudheart (12755)
I hate flies and insects. Maybe a different fly spray might help? Although I am not into killing them.
@sofssu (14485)
@gudheart My son is allergic to those sprays. I need to find a natural remedy for these flies. I have swatted all except one.
@gudheart (12755)
@sofssu That one is probably coming up with a plan to avoid being detected! These flies can by very cunning LOL
@sofssu (14485)
@gudheart I swatted him out before I closed up fro the day.. its a fly free day
@simone10 (21671)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I just use a regular flyswatter but like you, don't always have luck in killing them.
@sofssu (14485)
I have eliminated every other fly except one which is still annoying me.
@simone10 (21671)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@sofssu They really can be so annoying and will drive you up the wall.
@Lucky15 (33429)
we use some sticky papers, put them on top of the table
@sofssu (14485)
@Lucky15 I have had two other people tell me about these sticky papers.. I wonder what they are,. I need one whatever it is now.. they are back again.
@salonga (27998)
I also do use electric swatter to kill them and also fly sticky trap. I hate using insect pray because it is not healthy.
@sofssu (14485)
@salonga I need to find this stick paper.. I haven't seen it anywhere.. here. I don't like sprays because these chemical hurt us way too much.
@fawkes62 (1296)
Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions for killing them for you. The flies here seem to annoy me until I get a fly swatter, then they seem to leave me alone. Maybe just sit with your fly swatter and see if they leave you alone.
@sofssu (14485)
@fawkes62 we think alike . I had it next to me and killed all of them yesterday.. I hope they don't come back again.
Just like you I use a fly swatter, I do not use sprays. Be patient sooner or later the fly needs to rest too.
@sofssu (14485)
@LadyDuck I am done killing them all.. I hope we will be free of this menace tomorrow.
Fly tape would probably help:), the ribbon kind. They fly on it and then stick to it-just becareful...cause once or twice I've walked into it by accident, and...that stuff is HARD to get out of your beard. Well, for those of us with beards anyway:)