Holiday gift idea - letter writing care packages

@Rohvannyn (3118)
For those families who would like to keep more in touch, I was thinking it could be fun to make up letter writing gift boxes. The more you make, the less you pay per box, so it's nice if you have a lot of people on your list. You could go to the dollar store (or local department store) and get a lot of smallish, flat boxes. In each one, you can put an assortment of papers, envelopes, pens, stickers, and other things that make writing letters easier. If you are especially nice, include a sheet of stamps. You can customize each box to the person you are sending it to - it makes it easier for them to write letters because they have a handy box, and the message is clear: I want to hear from you! Not only that, but you might get something back in the mail besides bills.
@valmnz (12772)
• New Zealand
That is such a fun idea. It made me think of my penfriends writing days.
@Rohvannyn (3118)
We need to bring penfriends back! That could be a lot of fun. Even picture postcards.
@sallypup (26596)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Rohvannyn Picture postcards is a great idea. We were part of a poetry postcard event one year. Quite fascinating, receiving poetry from all over the place.
@valmnz (12772)
• New Zealand
@sallypup I like that idea. I used to exchange postcards with penfriends when I was a kid.
@sallypup (26596)
• Moses Lake, Washington
This is a sweet, old fashioned idea. It could turn pricey due to the post office but it is a nice idea. Our society is not going to be healthy if folks don't start writing to others more.
@Rohvannyn (3118)
Ha ha ha, use the discounted postage you get online? My early lessons of writing thank you notes have stuck. I think I'll keep writing letters. It does lead to more junk to save around the house, but it's nice to hold something in my hand that someone else wrote and sent. And nice to know someone else will be doing the same.
@sallypup (26596)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Rohvannyn What is junk? I have way too much of Grandma letters and cards around and yet they are precious. She has stuff from the 60s!!
another great thing to get besides bills are post cards check out a place called postcrossing
@Rohvannyn (3118)
Okay, I will! Thanks!
It's a very pleasant idea.
@Lucky15 (33423)
Thabks for this. I am in need of something new idea.