Long or short?

@Irving35 (128)
Jakarta, Indonesia
When it comes to starting a discussion on Mylot or other online forum, do you tend to make a short and straight to the point thread, or do you prefer the longer and more detail thread?
• Uzbekistan
Many members don't bother with the one-sentence or two-sentence questions at all. They even report them if they're too silly. If you want to discuss something, you should give us your opinion first. At least that's my opinion.
@Irving35 (128)
• Jakarta, Indonesia
That is a good point. I do the opposite though. I always ask for others' opinion first and then give mine later, maybe in the comments.
• Uzbekistan
@Irving35 I don't like that at all and usually don't care to answer. It looks as if I should do your work. Put some effort into your posts if you want to make other members do the same!
@Irving35 (128)
• Jakarta, Indonesia
@MALUSE Effort is put. Starting a discussion and arranging questions takes some effort right. The reason I do that is, well, it's just my style. :) I do the same in the real life, and I see people like to give opinion first. Some people don't even care about others' opinion.
@epiffanie (10447)
I tend to write long. Substance is important .
• Lenox, Georgia
I just write what I am thinking usually, sometimes it is a longer post and other times it is shorter. It all depends.
@dpk262006 (56599)
There is nothing long or short. Some users likes to give details in their discussions and some are brief. If they are able to explain the core issue of a discussion, its length does not matter. I respond to meaningful discussions, irrespective of its length.
@birjudanak (7293)
its depend on writer because someone like long post and someone like short but the main point is interest so how interesting topic more people like it.
@T_gray (7805)
• Salina, Kansas
I try to keep it short, but usually it ends up getting long. I just write until I get my point across
thats exactly my point some things are shorter beca use it does not ake so much to make it lucid but others need detail and i will use however many words it takes to make it easy to u nderstand.
@T_gray (7805)
• Salina, Kansas
@Hatley yup, exactly
@PhredWreck (6051)
Really depends on what I am talking about and how much detail I think it needs.
@Irving35 (128)
• Jakarta, Indonesia
I think that is the way to go. How long is the longest discussion you ever create? I have ever found in an online forum, a poster started a discussion with a 400 word article.
@mrtoffee (1527)
something with detail and a decent length for me
@babaraimc (1323)
• Pakistan
i like to make a small discussion and i want same from others whenever the post is very long. i usually dont read it..
@Irving35 (128)
• Jakarta, Indonesia
I tend to do the same. I don't want to spend too much time just to read the original thread. I wonder if it's what people surf on the internet to.
@babaraimc (1323)
• Pakistan
@Irving35 yeah long one do take a lot of time
My posts are usually personal and long. I have heard that many people have gotten to where they will not read more than about 100 words, but people who follow you, are not strangers will read whatever you write long or short. If you have some length and substance then there is more for people to interact with. That is the point on this site, interaction.
@HazySue (24601)
@Irving35 I tend to write a little more than one or two sentences. I think to each his own.
I think it depends on the topic and how in depth you ant to make it. In some cases short discussions are OK, if it is interesting, I like reading the longer discussions.
@esfes025 (435)
• Elkhart, Indiana
I think I tend to make longer posts.
@norcal (3211)
• Nevada City, California
I hate to bring up the B word, but I think I got trained at the bubs to make a post at least 400 characters. A lot of "writers" from other sites thought that was pitiful and made our post crap. I don't agree with that, but I think you at least need enough to get your point across.
@Bluedoll (17039)
@norcal a lot of writers think? Ohhh I think short posts get more likes and comments like this one did.
@norcal (3211)
• Nevada City, California
@Bluedoll I guess this is not a writing site, so maybe you are right.
@Bluedoll (17039)
@norcal It is called a discussion site and set up like a forum. Doesn't stop anyone from writing but as far as money is concerned, don't think you get much extra for being a writer. There is something to be said though for appreciation if you receive that?
@Morleyhunt (19278)
I try to keep my comments short and my discussions longer that just a line or two.
@Bluedoll (17039)
what do you prefer?
Short enough to explain what I want to discuss on
@hema7213 (3521)
small but valuable discussion i prefer.....long discussion take time to read and it also sometimes makes confusion.....short and simple discussion are attractive to everyone in my view
It depends on. If the discussions are interesting and meaningful, then I can talk more about it. In fact I prefer longer discussion since it shows that I am really earnest to comment to it. I like to have quality posts rather than quantity ones.
@else34 (13601)
• New Delhi, India
@Irving35,I prefer small discussions written in a simple,easy-to-understand language.Such discussions are likely to attract more views and responses.