How To Get Your Old Bubblews posts

@esfes025 (437)
Elkhart, Indiana
I have seen this on a number of sites but thought I too would pass it along. If you are like me you may have written a number of blog posts on another site called Bubblews. Recently that site has shut down. In my case there are over 2000+ articles that I blogged about. However you can still get them. 1. open a new tab and go to Google. 2. Search for your username you used on Bubblews and then the word Bubblews with ' between the two. So for example, I was escottf8136 so I would type 'escottf8136 bubblews' 3. Search for this 4. you should find something like my image 5. Now notice the green arrow that points down. Click this and the word "cahed" should appear. Click this. 6. Your post should appear. Just so you know it may not always work on all posts. but for the most part I hope it helps you find your old posts.
@WorDazza (8784)
• Manchester, England
Unfortunately I can't get to any. All of the ones with a green arrow just take me to a rather sparse page that says there are no posts to load!!! Never mind. A lot of my stuff was somewhat of it's time and probably wouldn't really be re-usable.
@Marcyaz (36010)
Seems this is not working for a number of people and like you they are finding nothing.
@alberello75 (13692)
• Genova, Italy
@esfes025 Ok, but I'm so sorry for this question. It is however allowed to make any "copy/paste" of posts written on Bubblews, here on Mylot? I do not think that it is lawful for the TOS of this website. I however would not do it. Could you please clarify this information? Thank you.
@esfes025 (437)
• Elkhart, Indiana
I really have no idea one way or the other. I would not do it though.
@akalinus (12373)
I don't think it is a good idea. There is a lot of content on different websites that was copied and pasted from writing and chat sites under a different name, basically stolen, . They could then accuse you of plagiarism. Your only defense would be if you downloaded your post with the HTML intact to prove authorship and date. Rewrite your stuff and then post.
@ptrikha_2 (5902)
@akalinus One can rephrase, and rewrite in one's own words. That would be some effort but worth it.
• Denmark
I could delete and save nearly all my posts before the light was switched off on bubblews. I'll check if I can find the last posts with your method.
@esfes025 (437)
• Elkhart, Indiana
I hope it works for you.
• Denmark
Doesn't work with me. I only get the farewell note on the black screen.
• Denmark
@esfes025 Where on the screen is this green arrow?
@yalul070 (1761)
• Manila, Philippines
Cool I got to my page. However, the posts won't load so...I think my posts could no longer be retrieved
@Marcyaz (36010)
Too bad that your posts won't load either.
That's good to know.
@esfes025 (437)
• Elkhart, Indiana
hope it works for you.
@Lucky15 (33758)
Thanks for this. Have to get them. Even just the half. Hehe
@LeaPea2417 (16111)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I tried that, but it couldn't find anything , so the ones that got left on my Bubblews account are gone forever.
@Marcyaz (36010)
I am sure this will help a lot of people who want to retrieve their posts on that site and they have you to thank for it.
@DaddyEvil (22390)
• Aurora, Missouri
If this is not working for you, you might use this link: and put the link to your bubbles into the search bar. This works for some bubbles, but not for all. This cache only holds bubbles written from Jan. 8, 2013 until Jan. 8, 2015. If your bubbles were written before or after this time, you cannot retrieve them. I just checked and none of my bubbles are still located in the cache for WayBack Machine. I hope you have better luck than I did. (I actually kept copies of my bubbles on a flash drive, so don't need to use the caches to retrieve them, but I was using the caches to let people read my work online until a little bit ago when the cache was cleared of all my work.)
Skip to main content Search the history of over 445 billion pages on the Internet. search Search the Wayback Machine Featured texts All Texts latest This Just In Smithsonian Libraries FEDLINK (US) Genealogy Lincoln Collection Additional Collections eBooks
@cindiowens (3911)
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Okay after reading the comments, I got it. I found my articles, but what to do next? If I copy them and paste them here, it won't be considered my own work, even though it is, right? I can't remove it from Bubblews, so it would be stolen work, am I correct?
I only get the screen that says they are shutting bubblews down.
@DWDavis (10897)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I used a method something like this and was able to recover several of the posts I wanted to save. Most were just "how today went" kind of posts that really aren't useful now.
@savak03 (6682)
Well, I was only able to retrieve my introduction and the last post I had made. That is something though. I had made two or three other posts but they appaently weren't cached. I am grateful for the one I was able to retrieve though since it was my favorite. It is just a shame that nothing ever happened over there. There was never any interaction so you had no idea if anyone was even reading what you wrote let only if they thought it was good writing or not. Anyway thanks for the work around.
Are we allowed to post some of our old Bubbleposts here?
hi glad you are on mylot hatley here I tried what you suggested but m ust hav e done something wrong as I got t the black screedn tellingujs bubblews was sunk so I will tr y what you suggest step by ste p and maybe find a few of the thousands I posted in 3 years.
@ramapo17 (19520)
• Melbourne, Florida
I am going to try it as when I went to the site before it was all black with a short message that they are done.
@lokisdad (4291)
I am sure many people will find that very helpful especially because many wanted to reuse the articles elsewhere. I just don't know if it is okay to do which is why I never bothered in looking up any of mines although I have copies of all the ones I really wanted.
@ptrikha_2 (5902)
I tried but could not find some of my posts whose links were getting shown.
@ptrikha_2 (5902)
Will try this out- but a big question remains- what happens to posts of such no longer functioning sites? Who owns them? Or are they free for all?
@akalinus (12373)
I was just wishing last night that I could get my posts off of there. I saved a lot of them on the old computer that crashed so I thought they were lost forever. Thanks so much. Will try this when I have time.