My Bubblews article is gone!

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Perhaps I've been a little smug about the demise of Bubblews. You see, months ago I anticipated that it might happen, and that if it did, Arvind and company probably wouldn't go out of their way to make it possible for writers to retrieve the articles they had posted to the site. So, like any modern technical wiz, I wrote an app. My app downloaded all my Bubblews articles to my computer, and automatically did the same with any new ones I posted. So, I was sure I was covered when the shutdown finally happened and our articles could no longer be accessed online. But just today I went looking for a particular article, and it's not on my computer! It appears that my app successfully downloaded the rest of my articles, but for some reason this one isn't there. What makes it worse is that it's one of the few I've found that are not saved in Google's cache, so I can't recover it that way. Oh well, that article wasn't worth anything, it's not anything I could reuse, and I don't really want it anyway. That's what I'll keep telling myself until I believe it.
@Bluedoll (17071)
In my opinion the site could have been left up intact, even if it meant dropping the paying aspect/giving it to someone to manage or sell it cheap. It was a selfish, rude, uncaring and actually mean thing to do.
@euphie (581)
• Ballymena, Northern Ireland
I guess they did things that way because they knew that people would delete their articles otherwise. My doing that, they still have articles and can use them whatever way they want to.
@Bluedoll (17071)
Hello @euphie I hate to disagree though many of the good writers wanted their material to post originally elsewhere did and would continue to delete their posts that is true. It was because of non-payment mostly. That would not have stopped the use of the site though slow it down considerably. Mylot survived for example without paying people. However, someone else could have managed it and kept the site alive perhaps on a not for profit basis but still a paying site in some manner. They made a cold calculated business decision. People/community means nothing when door is slammed shut is what I am saying in this thread.
@tallawah (8403)
• Kingston, Jamaica
@Bluedoll it is very hard for those who believed in Bubblews to accept the facts that; 1. It was created to be a scam 2. Arvind and Jason had contempt for those who wrote there 3. As Bubblews was born a scam and meant nothing to the owners, and as the writers were considered on the level of what one wipes off a shoe, to have pretended it was a real site and would be going down on X day, (as many other sites advised their users) so that users could remove their work... ...would have been hypocritical.
• Pleasant Hill, California
There was one I forgot to copy from Epinions that was one of my favorite all-time pieces. Now I have no access to it. To make matters worse, it got picked by a website that explicitly sells papers to college students to plagiarize. So it's out there, but I can't access it unless I pay for it. My own work is being used for illicit purposes AND held for ransom. I contacted the FBI about that website, but of course they haven't done anything about it.
@Gr8bit (177)
• Newcastle Upon Tyne, England
Did you try to find it at cachedview.com ? Probably to late now but worth a try
• Pleasant Hill, California
@Gr8bit No, I did not. Do they cache old articles?
@Gr8bit (177)
• Newcastle Upon Tyne, England
@TheHorse i DO NOT KNOW HOW LONG FOR BUT IT'S WORTH A TRY .. oops about caps, new laptop :-)
@eagletrek2 (5166)
• Kingston, New York
canu make a free app for smart phone and computers for people to save there post on and just put adds on to cover the cost I like that idea of apps to save post I have some on a memory disk but then I lost the disk oy lol
Pretty genius making an app to download all your Bubbles. Sorry the one you wanted got lost
wonder what happened to the other one.
@tallawah (8403)
• Kingston, Jamaica
What you do, from now on...write your article as a draft email...then publish it. You have a copy in your email account...
I save all my article writing on my computer so I've never had this problem.
So even technical whizzes can be caught out. I saved mine into my drafts when I wrote them, so have them all.
@cacay1 (32746)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Bubblews cheated people..
The power of suggestion is very strong so I hope it works for you. I write everything in Word so I have copies off all my posts, not that too many of them are worth saving. I would rewrite a post I think if I wanted to use much the same material again.
@norcal (3215)
• Nevada City, California
If you remember much about it, perhaps you can recreate it, maybe even better than it was before.
@msiduri (5754)
I know the feeling. That one article. It wasn't worth anything. Except now you don't have complete set.
@cindiowens (3842)
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
I tried to get to mine, but I just got the "site is down" notification. They are history. Oh well. I have much more to say than what I wrote there.
@Freelanzer (8536)
Lucky you are a tech whiz to have your stuff downloaded, many people I know weren't that lucky. So I wouldn't worry about just 1 article, some people lost hundreds.