Opening and Closing. The life of my toddler.

My 17 month old has this fascination with opening and closing gates, doors anything you name it. If he accidentally locks himself in or out he screams bloody murder because he hasn't quite mastered the art of unlocking yet (good thing too.) It's just so interesting to me that he finds such joy in this. Anyone else's kid do this too? I don't just mean exploring cupboards and such. I mean doors and gates and stuff too. Open and close. Open and close. These are my days.
Hope he is safe while experimenting with doors and gates. He can hurt himself. I am sure there will be many kids his age doing the same the world over (lol)
Yes I watch him pretty closely. I don't want him to get injured while exploring.
@allknowing Oh wow. I can only imagine how scary that was. My condolences...
@IreneVincent (16025)
I remember those days when my children were small. The smallest new discovery always fascinates children and then eventually they move on to another fascination. At 17months, he's just beginning to discover new and exciting things. I'll bet he's adorable.
I think he is. It's fun watching him learn and discover. He needs to learn to stop when I say no though...
I love it. It is so fun to watch when a toddler finds something to try over and over. The toddlers who visited here a few days ago were determine to keep climbing on the office chair and spinning around.
It's fun to watch them explore and find new things lol.
@epiffanie (10447)
You have to be vigilant when toddlers are up and about. they can get into a lot of trouble.. But don't forget to enjoy every minute of you time with him..
Oh I do enjoy being with him. Just watching out for his safety the most.
@thesids (22351)
• Bhubaneswar, India
I have no kids yet, but I am told that I loved using those doors with grills. Mommy tells me that I would get on to the lower frame of the grill door we had back then, and swing on it. A hazardous thing that I did was - insert my smallest finger into those plug sockets and then turn on the switch to get a shock. I remember this one fresh and it seems it was like yesterday. They ultimately had to seal off all these plug points that could be accessed by me without climbing onto the chairs.
He doesn't seem to care about the sockets yet thank God. But we'll see what he does in the future. Just want to keep him safe.
@Rollo1 (16685)
• Boston, Massachusetts
Toddlers have to practice the new skills they have learned. My biggest problem with The Boy at that age was his fascination with the vacuum cleaner.
He likes the sound it makes.
Who can get inside the mind of a toddler? He's bound to grow out of it.
It's cute though lol.
@moondebi (1209)
• Bangalore, India
Every child has his or her way of exploring the world. Take care that the child doesn't harm himself.