Sweets For My Sweet!

@UncleJoe (10617)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
I love to experiment in the kitchen. Some of my best dishes has come from adjusting ingredients. When I make banana pudding, I always make my own custard. The recipe calls for 4 separated eggs but mine is much richer with a whole dozen. That reminded me of the time when I asked my ex to separate a dozen eggs for me. She had them scattered in every room in the house. Tonight I am preparing one of Becky’s favorites for when she get home at midnight. Baked apples. If you want a real tasty treat that is actually good for you, try this. You will love it. First, leaving all of the skin on, take an apple corer and remove the center, a little at a time. Don’t go all the way through the bottom. Just dig out until all the seeds are out. Set the apples upright in a microwavable dish with a lid. 4-6, depending on the size. I once used brown sugar, but I found it best to fill the apple core with honey and the plugged with a pat of real butter. 9 minutes of nuking and your taste buds will be thinking they have died and gone to Heaven! I’ll be back in a little while to tell you how good this batch is.
@1creekgirl (11362)
Your apples sound yummy. I make a bananaless banana pudding. I use banana pudding mix with lots of vanilla wafers and a meringue topping.
@UncleJoe (10617)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Your meringue is made or egg whites. What do you do with the yolks? They are what make my custard filling. @1creekgirl
@1creekgirl (11362)
@UncleJoe I add the yolks to the pudding mix. It's jello pudding, but I doctor it up a lot!
My mouth is watering I love baked apples. I will need to try it your way instead of brown sugar.
sounds pretty tasty for sure!
@zebra2222 (5171)
Sounds delicious. I'd love to try this.
@norcal (3214)
• Nevada City, California
That sounds really good.
@sallypup (27969)
• Moses Lake, Washington
This almost makes me want to run out and buy a microwave.
@poehere (17680)
• French Polynesia
I never follow a recipe and always end up changing it around so much. That is the fun part about cooking and doing what you want. It always turns out so good.