Winter Driving

@UncleJoe (9943)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
When I was a kid, I lived and grew up in the country. Now I live in a big city. The ironic part is that I haven’t moved. Indeed, the City of Virginia Beach grew up around me. Much of this is due to 10 different military installations within a 50 mile radius. As they grew, so did everything else. More homes, schools, roads, etc. The majority occupied by military dependants. That part is fine. I love everybody. The hard part comes when it snows. (or just icy). I’m not kidding. We have folks who are from places where it never snows. I’ve even seen a few foreign drivers who seemed to have been recently introduced to PAVEMENT. There’s no doubt in my mind that my driving experience under all kinds of conditions combined with my 4-wheel drive would get me anywhere I needed to go. The only possible thing that would be likely to stop me would be the inexperienced driver sliding into my vehicle and putting it out of commission. How about you? Are you a good ice and snow driver?
thats generally my fear too, not my driving but everyone elses, texans cant drive on that stuff! (most)
@boiboing (12486)
• Northampton, England
I have a rear wheel drive BMW. The old 'ultimate driving machine' slogan instantly stops applying when it snows. My car is like Bambi on ice - all legs in different directions.