McDonald's bringing food to you?

@esfes025 (437)
Elkhart, Indiana
My wife currently works at McDonald's right now. She called me during her break angry by something new they are doing. Not sure if they are doing it at all of them or just the ones in this area (as the ones in my area are franchised owned). But... If you order food they are giving numbers to people and then one of the staff brings it out to you. She said it is frustrating as there is a lot that they already do as staff and often are short handed. What do you think of this? I think the place is not a restaurant so it sounds dumb. I even mentioned this to my nurse at my doctor's appointment and she thought it was dumb as well.
@moffittjc (34360)
• Gainesville, Florida
McDonalds is sinking fast, so they are trying everything they can to get customers back. Let's face it, the food is very low quality, if you want customers coming back, you have to provide quality! Ok, well that made it sound like Mickey D's is going out of business! hahah I meant that their sales are stagnant, so they are trying to figure out how to drive profits higher! I don't think McD's will ever go out of business! lol
@Marcyaz (36126)
I don't think they will go out of business either.
@katsmeow1213 (28820)
Perhaps she should work elsewhere if she doesn't like their policies.
@Marcyaz (36126)
But he has said there are not a lot of jobs around there so working someplace else right now is out of the question.
@Marcyaz That's not mentioned anywhere in this discussion, and not having a lot of jobs in the area doesn't mean looking for another is out of the question.
@esfes025 (437)
• Elkhart, Indiana
@katsmeow1213 well you are are right in this post I did not mention it but it is true there is not many jobs around here.
• Marion, Kansas
I have not been to the local McDonalds to know if they are doing it, but our Dairy Queen in the town where I used to live has been doing it for quite some time, then we ate at a Hardee's in a new truck stop and they did this as well. McDonald's may be trying to keep up with the competition or make people think that they are worth the prices the fast food costs. They also may feel it is more professional. I know with everything else your wife does both at work and away from work this probably feels like the last straw.
@esfes025 (437)
• Elkhart, Indiana
That is about how she feels.
This is not the style of McDonald's. In fact it will make the delivery very inefficiency. I really think it is the best for customers to order the food and then pay for it right away in front of the counter. And then the customers bring their own food and find their tables.
@Marcyaz (36126)
That is if they don't want to go through the drive thru.
@boiboing (12524)
• Northampton, England
They call them McDonald's Restaurants - but we all think of them as not 'real' restaurants.
@Marcyaz (36126)
Tome they are a fast food eating place.
@amnabas (9821)
• Karachi, Pakistan
But herevwe have self service and no staff is going to serve.
@Marcyaz (36126)
McDonalds there is self serve? Now that is different.
@Marcyaz (36126)
They do that here also at this McDonald's if it looks like they are going to be taking a while they ask you to park out front and they bring your food out to you.