Do You Wanna Build A Snowman?

North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Do you wanna build a snowman? Well I do. I know many of you get snow and snow and snow until you're sick of it, but we don't. My kids do not know what fun it is to play in the snow until your hands are numb from the cold. They do not know the joy of coming in and drinking hot chocolate to thaw out. They have never made a snow angel. (They have made sand angels, not as much fun.) They have never tasted snow cream or witnessed "yellow snow". They have never made yellow snow. (They are boys.) I am hoping you guys will share just a little of your snow this year with us. Otherwise, I am going to have to get a huge ice shredding machine.
Snow,
You could get a snow machine and make lots of snow in the front yard for them.
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Yes, I am hoping to not have to do that.
@dorianna (513)
I hate snow. When snowflakes start falling from the sky, teardrops involuntarily fall from my eyes. That is how much I dread it. I hate digging the car out of the snow, Driving in it is a challenge and twice someone rear ended me cause they were going to fast for the conditions. It is so ugly when the plows pile it up on the sides of streets and it gets slushy and dirty. Yep, I would be ecstatic if it never snowed again. When I was a child it was a different story altogether. I remember being excited at the first snowfall and anxious to get out a go sledding or build a snowman. Growing up in Philly (US) when there was a no school day due to the snow, many of the parents were also home from work. The whole neighborhood was outdoors throwing snowballs and sledding. It was like your neighbors were your family. So I understand why you are remiss that the children are not experiencing snow. I am not certain that kind of neighborhood camaraderie exists anymore, but they would enjoy the kind of play you can only do in the snow. So here is a picture for you all.
Explore Wonderlane's photos on Flickr. Wonderlane has uploaded 44883 photos to Flickr.
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Thanks. Yes, I remember building bonfires and sledding all night. What a grand time it was.
@suzzy3 (8400)
I reminded cindiowens about all the trouble snow can cause. Not very romantic.
@dorianna (513)
@suzzy3 Yes, many accidents and people losing their lives from the treacherous roads.
Well, although I live in a desert now at least when I was 7 dad was stationed in Germany so I got to play in snow, it was fun. And no, I don't miss it at all, I like it warm/hot.
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
I do too for the most part, but a little snow would be fun every now and then.
Ummm, true @cindiowens on Christmas Eve maybe. Otherwise I hope we don't get any although a nice rain wouldn't hurt my feelings, we're so dry right now that it's shocking to pet the kitty.
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
@rebelann Poor kitty, and poor you too. Here, I am doing my rain dance for El Paso right now.
@suzzy3 (8400)
We don't get that much in the UK , I used to love it when younger but not anymore. I would love to be able to send the snow to your boys. just remember people slip over and hurt themselves. cars get stuck in the middle of no where. The buses stop running. the trains stop running . Ambulances get stuck with sick people on board. Shall I stop now. It may sound romantic but the reality is far different.
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
When we do get snow, the whole place shuts down. Our county does not even have a snow plow.
@suzzy3 (8400)
@cindiowens Maybe you could take the boys skiing. You really don't want any snow. We have many snow ploughs but even they get stuck at times. Three or four days snow a year and the whole country comes to a standstill. I hate the stuff.
@PatZAnthony (11726)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
You are more than welcome to take any snow we get here! Ugh-not looking forward to it @cindiowens
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Hey @PatZAnthony So good to see you. I'll take a little of it, thank you.
@Katlynn (378)
I live in an area that gets a lot of snow, but we've only had a dusting so far. I like a day of fluffy, falling snow. No ice and not four feet of snow!
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
I don't want four feet either, but a little would be nice.
@Platespinner (18055)
We don't get a lot of snow here in NC, but it's a whole lot more than we used to get in Alabama. I doubt the novelty will ever wear off for my children!
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Probably not. I remember getting so excited at the first flake. Then watching the news to make sure school would be cancelled!
As a child and young woman I had the pleasure of snow, but now that I live in the south I seldom see it.
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
You and me too.
#marshmallow snow table,
How about planning a trip to a snow area for a Christmas gift? Or have the kids looking at my #marshmallow snow table!
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
I might have to do that.
@boiboing (12524)
• Northampton, England
We once went to a place called 'Snow World' in Hyderabad in India. It was absolutely hilarious to see hundreds of people who never experienced snow or ice playing in a bit freezer warehouse.
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
That sounds like a great place to go!
I hope you get snow and, our able to build a snow man. I would give you ours for the year if I could lol.
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Thanks, but I don't want it for the whole year...just once will be fine, lol.
@UncleJoe (8063)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
From what I read about this Winter's forecast in the Farmer's Almanac, I think you're gonna get your wish. They have been 97% accurate for over 200 years.
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Oh goody! I hope I don't have to work that day!
@slund2041 (3496)
I would rather it did not snow. My brother works outdoors, and I hate to know he is that cold. I would not want him to have to lose work either, because he needs the money so bad.
I hope that we will have enough snow to make snowmen. I work with young children so it would be great to make some with them.
@GajaGamini (1064)
We don't celebrate Christmas like you do but I would like to build a snowman one day.
@valmnz (12573)
• New Zealand
I'm like your kids, I haven't experienced those things either.
I think we get just enough snow each year to build a snowman.
@amnabas (9816)
• Karachi, Pakistan
I would love to but we dont have snow at our place.
I experience snow every year, Switzerland gets enough snow to make people sick of snow.
I hope your children get to make a snowman sometime. I still like playing in the snow but it's skiing and skating now