Making money online

Boise, Idaho
It's not as easy as people think. I have been doing it for several years and I find that diversifying is the best way. Try different sites. Read all the discussions and message boards on the subject. Find out what you like to do like surveys, article writing, discussion groups, and such. When you find out what you like to do spend most of your online time on the ones that make you the most the fastest. Give some time to two or three others and before you know it you have money in your PayPal account. As you become more up on different sites and become faster you can make even more. Be sure you read the guidelines. Ask questions. Be vigilant online and see where people are going and which sites they are talking about. Any ideas?
@Rollo1 (16681)
• Boston, Massachusetts
I think it does really depend on what you like to do, because even if it earns money for you, it's going to be tough to be really active if you hate the site and the activities.
You are so right. It becomes hell online.
@kaka135 (13469)
I agree with @Rollo1 . I'd like to do something that I like to do for earning money, even making money online. So, I can enjoy my time online and earn some extra money at the same time. I read that some people managed to earn good income online, but I haven't find any yet.
@kaka135 ...It would be good. Mostly writing for sites that want it done their way.
Surveys sound like a good idea until you don't qualify for them. I'm on Swagbucks and have done well with it so far.
hey i also on swagbucks but dont know how to use it please tell me
@birjudanak ...Maybe if you started a discussion those using it could give you some tips.
I personally can't stand doing surveys, tried it and gave up after a few of them.
I didn't mind them so much when I had kids but when they grew up I quit getting surveys most of the time.
@sugartoes (33711)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@marlina I'm with U on that one as it's a waste of my time but I hear that people make $ from them I don't C how ? but they swear by them
@sugartoes ...There are a few but no as good.
@Asylum (46814)
• Manchester, England
Despite the fact that I have been using sites such as this one for over 9 years, I am not that concerned about the financial aspect. My approach is usually to settle on one site alone.
If you aren't needing the money and one site makes you comfy and you enjoy time on it WHY NOT?!
@Asylum (46814)
• Manchester, England
@celticeagle Exactly my opinion. Mylot is a decent social venue, just as Bubblews was for quite a while.
@Asylum ...Yes. Bubblews was a nice one for awhile. I think the first year and a half. Then it started down hill and hasn't been anything good since.
@sofssu (14742)
Good advise there.. I personally stick to a few sites that pay and communities I like to be associated with.
I think we just have find a few that we like and use them consistently.
@sugartoes (33711)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@sofssu I'd like to find another site like this one if that's possible
@celticeagle What other sites do you recommend or can you mention them here?
@bostonphil (4391)
I am on several sites and have been real happy with my earnings even though I do not make a lot. But it seems like it has gotten more difficult to earn the last couple of weeks. I am certain it has something to do with the economy and all the uncertainty in the world. It seems like all my sites are paying less but want more.
With the holidays coming people are probably shopping and not on the sites. Hope it speeds up for you soon.
@sugartoes (33711)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@bostonphil not to mention the holidays in action as well that has things slowing down a bit for the next 2-3 mos B 4 it picks back up again B ware
@sugartoes ...Yes, sadly things get kind of slow for a while.
It is definitely not as easy as some people think. I just mainly work on here, and if I hear of any other sites I check them out.
No it isn't. It takes commitment, discipline, and time. I do the same thing.
@IreneVincent ...Sounds cool. So sad when the good ones close their doors. I don't care for surveys either. You don't have any old info on this site you speak of?
@valmnz (12573)
• New Zealand
I certainly do love watching the cents roll in, but don't consider it earning money. More of a reward for choosing to spend my time this way, pocket money
@sugartoes (33711)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@valmnz look at it this way it's more than what you had before you got here right ?
Yeah! That's the way I feel about the money. It's fun to see it grow. I've never gotten paid on MyLot yet, since I just signed on, but I'm already up to $3,I think. Yaaaay! I'm not sure I have even done what is necessary to get paid when I finally reach $10. I'll just have to wait and see. I have a PayPal account and have entered my email. Is there anything else I have to do?
@connierebel (1578)
I have a lot of different ways to make money online. there are a few GPT sites I do, like Fusion Cash, Swagbucks, Gift Hulk, and Cash Crate. I also have several survey sites, my favorite being InnoPoll and Clear Voice Surveys. I earn points for internet searches through Bing, and I also try to earn money by posting here on MyLot and on Forum Coin. Recently, I started using several receipt scanning and shopping rebate sites. I also have 2 Etsy shops and a Zazzle store. I like to have a wide variety of earning opportunities listed on my website, so hopefully more people will find something they are interested in.
What is GPT? You sound rather busy. Thanks for the info. Perhaps some other members will try these too. Interesting. Thanks for sharing.
This is good advice. It is wise not to invest all your time in one site in case it fails.
That is true but not the reason I mentioned that. More cents make for more cents.
@sugartoes (33711)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@celticeagle I think MORE SITES make more cents is what U mean right ?
@sugartoes It's true more sites might make more cents but I guess it depends on the time the individual has. It might be better to build a solid following on one than try to spread yourself too thinly over several.
@GreatMartin (4313)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Though retired I live on a fixed income which isn't much so I have to earn more money BUT I don't want to spend my life on a computer--I want to spend my life with real people so I make my priorities--I will made my first $10 and will apply for it today--I made $30 on surveys--and I didn't spend that much time doing either--nor, as you can see, I don't leave 3-4 word comments!!
Well, I also am retired but am also disabled. I love writing and was doing pretty well monthly until the group of sites I was writing for closed their doors recently. There are real people online also. Not sure what you mean by " 3-4 word comments!!"
• Vietnam
@celticeagle I found a great site which is triond.com. I signed up but haven't post anything yet but many reviews that it is a good site. You can write about whatever you want and those articles are credited to you.
@sugartoes (33711)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Allamanda I'd like to find out more about that I might B interested in that 2?
@Blondie2222 (17601)
I have searched for money making sites and couldn't find any good ones. I just mainly do this site and swag bucks every now n then. I don't have alot of time to work online either due to work etc.
These are probably the best ones. I never have gotten into Swag bucks. Don't want to download anything on my computer.
@celticeagle you don't have to download anything to use Swagbucks. You do get more points if you have the SwagButton extension, but it's not necessary.
@connierebel ...Oh, really. I had heard you had to so that swag bucks kept track of what you did online?
@Inlemay (17333)
• South Africa
I tried Surveys for a week - Its not my thing - I would rather just write here or on my FB for free
@sugartoes (33711)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Inlemay use to hang out on F B but I feel it's a waste of time if your not making anything from it unless you're not really needing the income
@Inlemay (17333)
• South Africa
@sugartoes i get the money for my traveling - which was 0$ at Bubs for a year - so i am back to square one after a years writing. I tried the surveys - in SA we dont have half the products nor the services therefore they are actually stupid. I would love the extra cash.
@sugartoes (33711)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Inlemay I'm sorry to hear that well you put as much effort on here everyday 3-4 hrs a day & promise you'll make something for your work on here I've started the 20th of last month & I just made 10$ just interacting & with all the other members on here that's BEEN on here for more than a few yrs that says something R they wouldn't Still B here so hang everything else you been doing up & put you're time here & the rest will fall in place
I do this for fun and fun money. If I truly needed money I think I'd find a job instead and there are lots of them around here.
But what if you couldn't work?
@celticeagle I'd try something on but higher end stuff.
@AbbyGreenhill .I would love to do that but do not feel like I have the expertise.
@ridingbet (36356)
I am on paidviewpoint and some surveys too. I was able to redeem $3, and this was sent to my PayPal account. the paidviewpoint still has to reach $15, and I am still on the $10+. Some surveys I also join but the pay is taking too long to reach.
I am on it also. A few others. Taking time to reach pay out is why I like to have several in the works.
@Rosekitty (19500)
• San Marcos, Texas
No other ideas, cause you actually clarified it enough for all of us so we can make more money too!
Glad I was of help.
• Mumbai, India
It is really tough. If you have a post graduate degree in any subject, you may try online tuition. After two years of online searching and trying, I got a job of and English language expert. I got the payment immediately after the first set of work.
@yugocean (4260)
Good to know that you got a good paying job, this is work from home and earn
@whiteream (3560)
you are right you have to do different thing. It has it's up's and down's. Sad;y right now things seem to be going down.
That is true. I'll keep looking. Good luck to you as well.
@betsuz (58)
I just wrote something about this very subject. I do a variety of things. I do some small tasks on sites like Mechanical turk, Swagbucks and Inbox Dollars and I like to take surveys and write on here to make money. I also work on my websites too.
I went and read/answered several of them. Wish you knew of some sites like I used to write for. Not the run of the mill writing site. Wish I knew the terminology.
@hereandthere (23031)
some sites are open. you can read all the rules, as well as the posts of the members and admins even if you're not a member.
Would want to do all of that before I became a member.