Can we be good with out God?

Secunderabad, India
I believe in God and I do try my best to attend church on every Sunday and I always be good to people and help others when needed but that doesn't mean that people who dont believe in God cant be good they can also be good it all depends on where we grow up and our environment? If a child grows up knowing good morals and good manners but never ever is around religion or head of it that child would still become a good person.
@peavey (16866)
Sure, you can be good without God, but just being good is not what it's all about. Why not have a relationship with Him? Life is so much more interesting that way! There will be a lot of good people who don't make it to heaven because there is only one way to get there.
Why need a relationship with something already inside of you but only feels 'right' when attending a service in a church, temple, synagogue or cathedral ?
• Williamsburg, Virginia
Of course you can. It is what inside everyone.
• Lucknow, India
A very --(emphasises) --Very good point!1 I am an atheist and I know that goodness doesn't follow the people on their choice of faith!! I have seen tons of people doing horrible things and these are great followers of god!! And I have seen atheists do and say horrible things as well!! According to me, the moment you get hold of a moral compass and you start following the fact that everyone has their own life and you get good in return only if you do good, a person becomes a human!!
@boiboing (12881)
• Northampton, England
You can be good without god and bad with him - it's in the individual.
It's written that no one is good, and so you're not good with or without God. If you accept what the Bible says, you will become good in the eyes of God, but man is not naturally good.
I guess if you look outside of the Bible or even to none of the religious ways to define behavior, good or bad , we would see copy cat versions of how our grandparents raised our parents and that the pattern continues. Good or bad is going to be with or without God because of human nature
Hi there @ReViewMeMedia as far as the Bible being written by a "no good man" it is unlikely in the contents of its pages, that someone will become good . . . It is about reaction, response and the ability to choose well, between being positive-natured or destructive.
• Uzbekistan
That the correct attitude.