Happy thanksgiving day

Hello Mylot friends, I'm really glad to know about the celebration of Thanksgiving day -- the Fourth Thursday of November -- which is celebrated, especially, in United States. Though it's basically meant to give thanks for the harvest, it's also a wonderful occasion for family gathering. In fact, in India we've similar festivals during January. Well, the name given to this festival is really very interesting which reminds everyone to be grateful. Undoubtedly, we need to be thankful to God for what we are today, whatever the blessings we've been receiving from him, and what we're able to achieve now. It takes right mental attitude to give thanks to God for everything. It's pathetic to see some people living a life of murmuring and complaining. Obviously, we also need to be thankful to our relatives, friends, and neighbours as they help us to grow in many ways. When we really say a word of thanks to people with a smile we make them to feel that they've done something worthy of recognition. Isn't it so? This post happens to be a first post in "Mylot". I thank Mylot for giving me an opportunity to write here. I also thank you for reading my article.
@Marcyaz (36697)
I find this quie interesting especially the part about "It's pathetic to see some people living a life of murmuring and complaining". We do have people on here that this would fit. We need to remember to Thank God for everything we have.
Thanks for your response and appreciations.I think thanksgiving is primarily the matter of attitude..
@Marcyaz (36697)
@vickyblogs Do you celebrate any type of thanksgiving in your country and if so when and how do you celebrate it?
@Marcyaz I hail from the South where people used to celebrate harvest Festival during the mid January. It was originally meant for farmers to give thanks to God for the rice harvest.