On staying away from things that's bad for us - Part II

@Drosophila (16711)
Ireland
Some of you might be familiar with my best friend's tale of woe. Some of you might not. For the benefit of those not in the know, this is a recap, my best friend called me some weeks ago in tears because she got stood up by "her bloke". I use the term "her bloke" loosely, as I was never entirely sure whether he was seeing her exclusively. He's a bit of a cad on all fronts. Charismatic, charming, and very persuasive, women flocks around him. At the beginning of their budding romance, I had already seen signs of trouble, such as his propensity to vanish into thin air with very little warning. After a spell, he would magically reappear across the country with another lovely young lady in tow. Like I said, he is a bit of cad. As her best friend, it was my duty to tactfully point out, she was probably wasting her time and emotional strengths. She disagreed. She thought he was different. I respected her choice and subsequently my number became the "support line". One year later, I've witnessed all sorts of tears, rants, and heartbreaks. I guess last time was the last straw that broke the camel's back. (those of you interested in the details can read it here: She stayed away from him since then. Today, she called me up again. Because of this darn holiday called "Thanksgiving!". She wondered whether she should thank him for a good time or not!!! Without having to spell it out here, I'm sure y'll know my thoughts on this. What about you? What's your thoughts on this? Is today the time to be grateful to those who brought laughters 'n' tears into our lives?
http://www.mylot.com/post/2859043/on-staying-away-from-things-thats-bad-for-us)
• Lucknow, India
Oh hell no!! You are spot on with your thoughts!! That girl must not entertain those kind of wishes at all!! If all she got was a bad experience from that guy, I don't see the point!! Please persuade her not to do this, because next thing you know, he may convince her again( what do you know, he is a cad), right??
@Drosophila (16711)
Lol! Absolutely, he's pretty persuasive. I've seen him talking her into doing what she said she won't do in matter of minutes.
be thankful for what breaking her heart? no no no kick the basta4d to the c urb do not thank him.
@Drosophila (16711)
Lol! My sentiment exactly! Her exact words on this was "I am grateful for the 1 year of good time we've had. I really enjoyed our time together." I know if she said that to him, he'd be back in good grace in record time.
All you can do is listen to her and give her good advise. She is going to do what she wants in the end.
@Drosophila (16711)
I do hope she's going to be able to "tough this one out".