plagiarizing mylot help section!

@destry (2434)
Kirkwall, Scotland
I am always amazed at the lack of intelligence of people trying to cheat the system on mylot. Do they think that they can out smart the community, mods and admin by their copy and paste skills? I have just seen the lamest example of some one trying to cheat. . . They only copy and pasted the myLot help section! Is their intelligence level that low that they think they will get away with it?
• Denmark
I miss the plagiarists from bubblews who used to copy texts from Wikipedia or other sources. Where are '10 benefits of bananas'? I haven't seen them for ages!
@destry (2434)
• Kirkwall, Scotland
I miss those too, I used to [3] love seeing the citation marks [4] in their texts. Such a give away! I wonder where they have all gone!
@WorDazza (8720)
• Manchester, England
@MALUSE I struggle to cope with day to day life now I don't get regular posts telling me it's good to brush my teeth, and to eat vegetables, and to look both ways before crossing the road etc. I'm a real mess right now!!!
• Pleasant Hill, California
@WorDazza Don't worry. I saw some meaning of life posts tonight that you can read to get refocused.
@owlwings (38291)
• Cambridge, England
At least it proves he found the Help section! New users don't get it shoved under their noses when they join and it isn't really in a very obvious place at all. Most sites have a menu with 'Terms', 'FAQs', 'Support' &c pretty clearly available and in an obvious place, even before you join the site. MyLot doesn't and I think that's a BIG failing. We established users must assume that new users, especially those with poor English skills, have NOT seen the Guidelines and be patient and friendly, at least at first, when responding to a new user's post. Some of the responses I've seen have been rather less than friendly.
• Greece
Not with you around they can't. I just spotted one of your reports, it stopped me participating so I was glad of the reminder and ignored the 'post' ( one can hardly call it that) of someone who did not keep to the rules.
• Preston, England
they obviously didn't read it first - that is pretty dumb of them.
@boiboing (12473)
• Northampton, England
That's pretty funny.
@amnabas (9986)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Why this person keeps on plagiarizing and no one from admin get him deleted.
@destry (2434)
• Kirkwall, Scotland
@AMIT1997 keeps on writting posts of no value and stealing content - he will be deleted soon enough I am sure!
• Denmark
@destry @amnabas I can't find this user. So their account has already been deleted.
@destry (2434)
• Kirkwall, Scotland
@MALUSE Yep, they were deleted within 10 mins of posting the mylot guidelines. . . If they spent the time reading the rules instead of copying them. . .
@topffer (31219)
• France
I missed this one : at least he knows that plagiarism is forbidden if he read the help section. All are not so obvious : I have been caught by one plagiarist yesterday, who started a 4 lines discussion extracted from a long article. Lamb noticed it, but not me.
@Rosekitty (19488)
• San Marcos, Texas
@topffer..I was gone eating turkey so i missed all the excitement too..
@topffer (31219)
• France
@Rosekitty It is better to enjoy eating a turkey than to respond to a plagiarist.
@Rosekitty (19488)
• San Marcos, Texas
@topffer ok if you say so..hahah
• Pleasant Hill, California
Are they gone by now?
@Drosophila (16804)
That's fairly amusing.