Turkey Leftovers

Leftover turkey sandwich image by Pixabay
@HazySue (22571)
Typically the day after Thanksgiving you find yourself with a mound of left over food. What to do, what to do. You know that you will become tired of eating leftovers a day or so afterwards but you hate to throw away good food. I usually make up doggie bags, so to speak, for everyone who was there for the day. That was I don't end up with tons of leftover food sitting in my refrigerator. I have a few favorite things I like to do with leftover turkey. My favorite is to make a turkey sandwich on toast with turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce. I don't know why it taste so good to me but I just love it. After the first day I end up making turkey pot pie, throw turkey chunks in salads, and turkey noodle soup. What do you do with your leftovers from Thanksgiving?
We only have enough for one more meal. I don't overcook. We will finish the turkey today and I'll make soup and that's it. On to something different tomorrow.
@esfes025 (435)
• Elkhart, Indiana
Turkey soup sounds good right now.
@esfes025 The soup is for my husband, I can take it or leave it!
@HazySue (22571)
@AbbyGreenhill I am not much of a turkey soup eater either. The pot pie though is for mew.
@Blondie2222 (22378)
We make turkey soup and then what's left after that we just do turkey sandwiches until we get sick of it. I love left over turkey
@Rollo1 (16686)
• Boston, Massachusetts
We didn't have any stuffing or cranberry sauce left, so I shredded the turkey, heated it up in the gravy and had hot turkey and gravy over toast. They all love that here.
@Missmwngi (10773)
• Nairobi, Kenya
In any occasion i make sure not to prepare much to avoid wastage and so i have less left
Turkey sandwiches and, turkey gravy with mash potato's, sometimes turkey noodle soup, but we don't have much turkey left this time.
That photo of a sandwich is driving me bananas. I use the leftover turkey for sandwiches with Hellman's mayonnaise, turkey casserole and make a turkey broth with the bones. All delicious.
The leftovers are in the fridge right now. Only enough for one meal left.
@esfes025 (435)
• Elkhart, Indiana
My wife and I went to a Thanksgiving that our church had so we did not have leftovers. I am missing though having leftover turkey meat for things you are suggesting.
@KuznVinny (774)
I don't celebrate Thanksgiving. It is a nationalistic holiday, and I view all people as my equal. But I do like to cook a rather large turkey. I make white-bread sandwiches consisting of turkey, stuffing, and mayonnaise with salt and pepper. Ooh-la-la! I also love turkey with hot gravy over white bread. Turkey is THE BEST.