June Berries or Service Berries W ild treat

Garden Grove, California
I was reading about wild cranberries on a disc ussion a nd remembered years and years back the edible berrybushes growing wild in the countryside of South Dakota. A small red berry very sweet and makes delicious jams , jellies and pies too. I have no idea if they are indigenous to other states but would assume in most western states. They were easy to pick and in jams delicious sort of like currants in flavor. they did make for reall y great pies and jams too. I had not thought about those i many years. I found an article about them just now on the net.ANd itr was based in SouthDakota too.
@alberello75 (18707)
• Genova, Italy
Well, I'm sure these jams, are good to eat. Too bad that I do not like this kind of food. With this, without any offense from my part.
hiu@alberello75 no offence at all the world would be a v ery bo rijng and monotonous place if we all thought alike and all loikedtjhe same foods.
@Missmwngi (10783)
• Nairobi, Kenya
That must have taken you back many years
yes it really did and the picture was awesome too.
We used to pick wild raspberries when I was growing up. It was a big day for us, six children and my Mom picked them all day long. My Dad drove us back and forth. We had a lovely picnick all together, it was a fun but tiresome day. Then, my Mom would make some raspberries pies and lots of jam for the winter months.
@irenen1 (228)
• New Bedford, Massachusetts
Now that I have more time, I m getting back to foraging for free food. It's fun, saves money and is healthier.
Blackberries grew wild all over Oregon so i will be picking them to eat they are yummy.
wow I love blackberries but s adly I cannot eat them as I have diverti culi which are little sacs in m y colon and seedy berries can get caught in them and set u p an infection in my case the seeds nicked an artery landed me in the hospital for fived da ys and four blood transfusions so I hever again will eat black berries raw. jelly or jam is okay but not reaw berries
I wonder what type of berry it was