Jingly on the door

@sallypup (20690)
Moses Lake, Washington
Its not quite December. Mom needed to shake off her cabin fever. We took her to the Goodwill cause it is on the route to her church. Holiday glitz and people. I think she needed to be with people. She found a blue top and I found a very soft cushy pink cardigan. Then as we were checking out, readying ourselves for the cold walk to the car, I spotted a silly jingle bell wreath- silver and red. I admired it out loud. The clerk said it was still for sale. I told her to wrap it up. Once we got home I took it out. Mom acted like she had never seen it before. We had a bit of fun figuring that it would fit on the front door, cheering up the glass. It feels good to have another person in the house that is cheered by holiday trappings and glitter. I plan to hug this short span of days to my chest. I plan to hold on tight.
@HazySue (16618)
@sallypup like your mother I like the glittery holiday trappings. These are the days to hold close to your heart.
@Marcyaz (36126)
They surely are the days you will treasure for the rest of your life.
@Marcyaz (36126)
@sallypup Your description sounds interesting are you able to take a photo and show us as I am sure it would be of interest to many here.
These are the things of which memories are made.
@sallypup (20690)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Each laugh, each happy peak. I treasure them cause I know Stink Moods wait to pop out and bedevil hubby and me.
@Marcyaz (36126)
This is what memories are made of.
@Marcyaz (36126)
@sallypup Be happy for what you have and laugh about things together.
@Marcyaz (36126)
It sounds like you and your mom had a great day out together and now you can hang the wreath on the door for the Holidays. I made a nice wreath last year and if I can find it this year it will be hung again.
@sallypup (20690)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I wish I had your wreath making skills, @marcyaz. One year a friend came over and fashioned fir boughs into a wreath for me. So pretty.
I have spent...a fair amount of time taking my mother to the shop-although...well, I go for the dvd's...as pink is not my colour:). I'm glad that you had good time and yes, hold on to it tightly.
@PatZAnthony (11730)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
It is that time of year to place something jingly on the door, isn't it!