Are We Really Writers?

@Gr8bit (177)
Newcastle Upon Tyne, England
I think I am right in saying that you are not allowed to do survey type posts here but it is more of a rhetorical question because even though I am writing this I am not a writer. BUT now and again, maybe every 100 posts, I look back over my work and say "Damn that is good" even though it was on Bubblews got 2 likes and one "good post" comment which brings me back down to Earth :-) I was going to tell you about my favorite ever post that I did but I might try to do it here instead as it seems a better forum for it as I believe it would spark a great discussion.
I know for sure that I am not a writer, the fact to write discussions does not make us good writers. The important is to write something interesting enough not to bore our audience.
@scheng1 (24813)
Sometimes when a single discussion changes the mood of a person, or makes someone happier or solves the problem for someone else, we will feel a kind of happiness that is hard to describe. I think the purpose of writing is to release stress on our part, and to benefit others at the same time. Even if there is just one such thread that done wonder for others, at least we do not live in vain.
@Gr8bit (177)
• Newcastle Upon Tyne, England
If I could double like your comment I would, Thank you
@Beatburn (3915)
We send out our words to express our thoughts or feelings and hoping it reaches someone out there who might just need it.
@sallypup (26293)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I hope this does not come off as mean- I find this particular site not a writing site as much as a gab fest for lonesome folks. I wish you luck!
@Gr8bit (177)
• Newcastle Upon Tyne, England
haha I get what you mean but I find that most people who comment on my posts are very intelligent and I HOPE my posts start good debates and not just people who want to waste their time. If you do posts such as " Today I am going to the thrift store" then you know what kind of comments you're going to get :-)
@sallypup (26293)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Gr8bit But some thrift stores make good fodder. I wrote a short Christmas tale focused on a thrift store scenario. And yeah, I get your gist. I will shut up about thrift stores- yes I will- the Goodwill was the feature Head Honcho in my post today.
@Gr8bit (177)
• Newcastle Upon Tyne, England
@sallypup I love thrift stores too, I'd like to read "Guess what I found in a thrift store" and the story goes on to tell how they found something worth millions, although I doubt they would be writing to earn 10 cents to tell us :-)
I do not consider myself a writer?just like to write.Does this make sense to you.?
@Gr8bit (177)
• Newcastle Upon Tyne, England
complete sense, just like myself
@maggs224 (1713)
• Alicante, Spain
I must admit on here I don't really look back on my posts. The only reason I go back to a post once it is written is to respond to any comments. Once the comments stop then that post is as good as done and gone. If I wrote poetry like @jaboUK then I would make a copy of the poems to keep on my computer.
Look forward to reading about your favourite post. I don't regard myself as a writer either - I think a writer is someone who makes their living doing it.
• Brookville, Pennsylvania
I think there are different kinds of writers, from novel writers, songwriters, blog writers, poets, etc. I believe you're a writer if you put words together in a coherent pattern, especially if you share them with the world.
@koopharper (6289)
A writer is one who writes. In one sense we are all writers here. This is a discussion site though and there are people here who seem to think this is some kind of article writing site or that anything they write here is somehow an article. It don't consider what I write here to be real writing. I'm quite happy to begin discussions or write something down that's on my mind that's open to discussion.
@hema7213 (3523)
i don't know i am a good writer or not ....but one thing i know that i can write as much as i want to write
@Lucky15 (33434)
Now i am thinking, what have been writing here? Or am i doing some survey? Or asking for their thoughts on my duscussion?
• New Delhi, India
I write to live and i live to write.
@ria1606roy (2688)
• Kolkata, India
Great writing isn't my forte, but I try to write something, even anecdotes for recording and remembering. Now people can just interpret them as good or bad as they want. Their choice
@IreneVincent (16033)
I consider myself a writer. I've been writing since I was a child, mostly poetry, but now I have published my first novel. I also wrote for a couple newspapers, so I guess all that qualifies me as a writer. I wish there were writing CONTESTS on this site. The prize would simply be to have your story published in perhaps a book that could be purchased from the site and some recognition on the site itself. I mentioned this to Admin and was told that they might come up with something like that in the future. I also was hoping that more publishing tips and writing lessons would be available. I like MyLot, but I want to write articles that people really enjoy reading, and I do TRY to write such articles. I also enjoy reading what other people write, but I find more chit chatting than serious writing. And that's fun too, don't get me wrong. I've had some good "conversations" with quite a few and learned some interesting facts from several about where they live and I definitely enjoy that.
Sounds interesting, will look for it.
@vickyrose (1991)
• Canberra, Australia
I think that everyone who writes and brave enough to have it published online or in hard copy is a writer. You, are a writer! a blog writer to be more specific