Making my Christmas Card List Out...

@Rosekitty (19441)
San Marcos, Texas
Then wondered if anybody does cards in the regular mail like me? Or has that fallen off like other habits of long ago? I enjoy the giving of cards and able to maybe cheer someone up, letting them know someone was thinking of them Of course that someone is me! Do you still do cards or do you think you can just say your thoughts online? If you'd like a card from me..PM me your address..if i can toss in a brownie i will
A card in the mail is a tangible greeting that can be enjoyed over and over.
I haven't even got a list started yet. I am bad.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@jstory07 not bad at all...it is only going to be Nov 30th tomorrow..last day to end money here for dec payout..
@anh101 (1380)
Will I get one? I remember the first day i received the first Xmas card from my american friend. She is now 70 I think, living in California, she was an english teacher and travel to teach after retiring. I asked her if she can use any social network to join, but somehow she just loves to send gift card, Every years she sends me cards on email. I miss the first time we've met in Hue city when I was a freshman in English Department College of Languages
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@anh101 if you send me your address, yes you will get a christmas card..
@anh101 (1380)
@Rosekitty I am afraid that I can't receive yours, other friends' also cuz I live in a small remote village in Vietnam, which may not have the address. Before she could send me becuz that time I was in the city. Since then, she only send using a service online. hihi
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@anh101 ok..if ever you get a real address let me know
I used to send cards and did so for many years. I don't have the desire to do it anymore. Maybe to a few close friends but that is about it.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@celticeagle It still excites me to send cards and until i get bored doing it i will keep doing it..even many friends i met here years ago i send cards to
I meant to get some cards tonight, but did not. I wanted to let people know about our move and all sorts of things. E mail me a brownie please.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@GardenGerty...it would be my pleasure to mail you a brownie..smashed a bit but still good and yummy..hahah
Yes I still send out about 4 or five Christmas cards a year. I just think they are more personal.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@Susan2015 i love the personal feeling of excitement when i see them in my mailbox at the curb..
Auntie Nana! lol, did I inspire you, posting about fun mail. I love sending and getting mail! well mail that is not bills.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@Jessicalynnt I sen out cards every year..guess i didn't see your post..was offline a lot yesterday
@Rosekitty I am going to take credit anyways
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@Jessicalynnt you go right ahead..we at least thought the same..hahah
@simone10 (21657)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I love giving and getting Christmas cards but it can be a little expensive.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@simone10..I've already sent all my cards out and i don't care if it is expensive or not..i love doing it!
@simone10 (21657)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@Rosekitty The way I look at it is, it's only once a year so why not.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@simone10 true and i don't send more than 10
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Here in India, if I try sending out a card by normal snail mail, there is no assurance as of today, if the card will reach the addressee (forget the on time thing). So eventually, I will try sending out via couriers... and in that case, the cost of sending the card will be higher (much higher) than the card itself. So for all relatives whom I need to send a card (if ever I do), I think a phone call is a better option. I do not do much of those online cards for local (Indian) addresses now. And as you mention a chance of one of your brownies in the envelope along with the card.... I am getting lured to send you my address.... Do you ship those to my place? Or you would rather drop one of those in my mail box that I have been trying to set up right on the cupboard
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@thesids I guess to avoid the hassle i will just post them in your cupboard here since it sounds like you are having a costly time getting cards out otherwise.
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
@Rosekitty I love posters on the walls During my college days the one that stayed till I graduated was - My Favorite Sport. is Sleeping and I always win the Gold!!! And Dennis the menace was on it sleeping on a bed
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@thesids you do like the odd stuff..hahaah
I rarely send snail mail, everyone prefers virtual cards now. But, I always do a happy dance when I get packages in the mail, lol.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@infatuatedbby well not everybody likes virtual..i prefer to be a kid again sending out the real stuff..hahah
@Rosekitty Yes, I like receiving mail also, but everyone I know prefers virtual cards, lol.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@infatuatedbby I guess i am one of a kind..hahah
I still do real cards. As a matter of fact I have to get my international ones off pretty quickly.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@BelleStarr me too..i plan on maining mine out tomorrow..
@Rosekitty I don't think I will get to it until Wednesday but I think that is early enough.
I create my cards on the computer and I send them through the mail. I like to give them to family and friends.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@LadyDuck ..me too
I used to be so on top of the Christmas cards - in fact I used to hand make them every year and enjoyed mailing them out. But then I didn't have time to make them anymore, and stubbornly refused to send bought cards . . . and this went on for years. This year I know the SAME thing is going to happen BUT I aim to personal messages to everyone - beit FB, PM, whatever online. One of these years I plan to make those cards again.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@much2say..only @JessicaLynnt asked to do it with me and we both live in texas so we exchanged cards with no problem..loved hers..
@PainsOnSlate (20254)
When the postage got over a dollar we stopped sending cards. We hand them out to friends and family and the neighbors but we don't mail them anymore.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@PainsOnSlate fortunately it is still under 50 cents..so until it gets higher i will keep it up
How nice that you still send those real Christmas cards . I just send e- cards the past years .
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@SIMPLYD ..yes but i would rather hold the card in my hand and save them..
@bunnybon7 (36529)
• Holiday, Florida
I have been remiss on that for a couple of years. times I can't get to the mail and have to have them dropped by someone at home. so I gave it up. mail used to be my most happy times sending and getting and now I even lost that.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@bunnybon7..I hope you either have a way to get mail or start doing it again!
@T_gray (7812)
• Salina, Kansas
I send cards through out the year. But not typical Christmas. I might have to send out Christmas cards this year though
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@T_gray..I usually send cards all year too and of course now too
Yes, I still send Christmas cards by mail.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@Tampa_girl7..good to know some others do it too!
@Rollo1 (16689)
• Boston, Massachusetts
I haven't sent cards in years. No one sends me any. Well, maybe the dentist, sometimes...
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@Rollo1 well you know what you can send back to your dentist..some candy..hahah
I only send to my own family and a few selected friends now.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@marlina it has gotten like that for me too
I still do cards. We have friends from other areas and if we didn't send cards (and perhaps enclose a letter) at Christmas we'd lose touch altogether.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@JudyEv ..that is sad..most people don't keep in touch much anymore..i try but sometimes i never get answers back so i gave up on some..