I finally got out after 2 days at home

Anniston, Alabama
Me and Tony both went to the chiropractor this morning , since the wreck its been nearly three times a week, I have to admit it does feel better after I am adjusted. I also ran by the regular doctors office for a flu shot, its a little late but better now rather than suffer with the flu and pay out hundreds if not thousands in E.R. bills. How was y`alls day?
I had one flu shot in my ife. I got that fu shot and then got the flu a few days later. I was so upset and sick I was begging to die. I will not ever get the flu shot again.
@norcal (3272)
• Nevada City, California
I missed the flu shot once, after getting it for 10 years, and I ended up hospitalized with the flu.
@norcal I know its horrible, I always end up in the E.R. when I get it.
What get hospitalized after vaccination against the flu or getting the flu ? @andriaperry
It is never to late to get a flu shot.I went to my chiropractor this morning for my adjustment. Always feel good when I leave.been going there for years.
I feel a lot better today, that is for sure.
I keep not having time to zip in and get my flu shot when I am in town. My kids had the flu when they were young. I do not want to go through that.
I feel sorry for kids with the flu, I remember being so sick when I was a kid.
@andriaperry and the year mine were so sick, the hospital was full, they just said keep them at home if at all possible and keep giving fluids. I sat by their beds and dripped water into their mouths as they were so sick. It's a long time ago now but the memory is vivid.
The flu has many thousands of strains and each year a new 'shot' must be made against a few dozen while dozens more strains still attack . . . Just be most resilient to all strands of it by keeping your gut healthy full of the good bacteria it can get from yogurt, buttermilk, sour cream and cottage cheese. Best yet for me has been a steady diet of selenium found in none other than TUNA FISH !
@norcal (3272)
• Nevada City, California
I have been seriously lagging on getting flu shot. Since I ended up in the ER, and admitted to the hospital, 2 years ago, it is recommended I get a flu shot every year. It is left to me to go to one of those pharmacy's that is giving them out. I have a hard time motivating myself to do that. If my doctor would just give me the darn shot when I am in her office, that would be so much better.
check the health departments, sometimes they give them free or for a small fee.
Do those of you that take the flu shot, get hospitalized and then are told you must have it yearly, don't you see a nasty pattern forming and you being some pricked guinea pig ??? How about a yogurt or vitamin c or something so your gut is strong where immunity lives
@norcal (3272)
• Nevada City, California
@andriaperry It is not that they are costly, or not available, it's just that I always think, "not today."
@Blondie2222 (17749)
Glad you got out and feel better after the chiropractor. I got my flu shot as soon as it was free where i work. My day was ok i just worked but went by pretty quickly so i was happy
I am usually on that flu shot as soon as its out, this year I missed the clinic and paying $5 but $20 is better than sick
• Marion, Kansas
I put a pot roast in, and have been online and also finding places to put "stuff". It is cold, but then again it is winter, or almost. Glad you are getting some relief.
I have no idea what is for dinner. Thank you.
@patgalca (13962)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I've never had a flu shot. I haven't had the flu in 20 years. I am well taken care of with my echinacea, echinacea tea with lemon wedge and vitamin C... and of course lots of water. Of course with fibro I wake up every morning feeling like I'm getting sick but feel better after having a couple of glasses of water. If I feel sick late in the day then I hit the echinacea. I feel better the next day. My father got really sick once after getting a flu shot, and he never got sick, so that turned me off it. My husband gets it every year though. Now we have no little kids bringing germs home.
Hope the chiropractic doctor visits are making you feel better and you don't want my opinion on that flu shot !
Chiropractors are very expensive, do you have an insurance for this?