Sports?

@UncleJoe (8071)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
I have done my share in the days when it was necessary to feed my family, but I wouldn’t think of it now. Back then, it was for food on the table but I never hunted for “sport”. Regardless of what some folks believe, I, personally never considered it one. In a real sport BOTH players know that a game is going on. That’s why I wouldn’t shoot a deer unless it shot at me first! How about you? Do you consider hunting and fishing a true sport?
• Preston, England
more a pastime than a sport and though I tried fishing once I never took to hunting at all
@Plethos (4847)
i can sorta see how fishing is considered a sport, with catch and release. but not hunting, shoot and revive ?
should not be a sport, killing should never be a sport. you hunt or fish it should be for food.
@cahaya1983 (8180)
I don't. They're hobbies, yes but I don't consider them as sports like many people do.
I understand very well that people need to eat, but I don't think that they should kill animals just for the pleasure of it.