I am so excited it's big Cat week on Nat Geo.

Banks, Oregon
It's big Cat week on Nat Geo. So, awesome I wish I would have remembered earlier, but at least there is still two more shows tonight and, it starts over tomorrow. I love Lions, Tigers, Leopards, Cheetah's and, all the other cats. Wow I just heard a Tiger has the strength of 9 men, that's pretty scary lol. Lions are of course the king of the jungle, the male can get up to 500 pounds and, I think they stand about 5 or 6 ft too, they can also run 35 mph and, smell plus hear their prey or friend up to a mile away. Lions also differ from other big cats, because they are the only ones who live in prides, the Dad, Moms and, all the kids stay together, a pride usually has tons of females with babies and, 1 to 3 male Lions, one being the alpha, it's best for there to be more than one pride male, because they have to defend their pride from other Lion's all the time. Tigers are even bigger then Lion's, they can get up to 700 pounds. Tigers are also probably more athletic when it comes to jumping, just based on what I have seen. Tigers are solo animals, except during mating season, but siblings do remain tight some times, that goes for all big cats, they usually do still stay friends with their families, even though they don't live or hunt together like Lions. Leopards are the best climbers of all big cats and, Cheetahs the smallest of the big cats is the fastest, they can run up to 65 mph. Wow that was pretty cool I just watched a big male lion defend his pride and, then two Tigers boxing, also a goat just kicked a mountain lions butt. I love this stuff. Are you going to watch big cat week?
@ridingbet (57740)
when my favorite tetvision series are not shown, and detective stories are not having new episodes, I always put the TV channel on national geographic, animal channel, and discovery channel. I love the animals, prey and predators alike, and even the skies. nature... I love to see them.
Same I love it. I already can't wait for it to continue tomorrow.
@ridingbet (57740)
@TRBRocks420 but it breaks my heart too when I watch some video clips on FB about the cruelty of people to the wild animals. several months ago a family killed an elephant for its ivory tusks and the person who uploaded the picture said, "Let us make these beasts popular. I see 4 animals (pertaining to the family)".
@ridingbet Yes, that's so sad what people do to animals, especially heart breaking when they take Elephant and, Rhino horns :(
@Inlemay (16730)
• South Africa
Cheetahs in the wild - Kruger National Park South Africa - from the family archive
except for the Tigers, the big cats are very well established here in SA - we get to see them often in our World renowned Game reserves - not in zoos.
Awesome I wish we had them here. I think we only have Cougars here.
@Inlemay (16730)
• South Africa
@TRBRocks420 I thought i would share, seeing you are enjoying all the programs and information on Nat Geo - that is my hubbys favorite program
@Inlemay Thank you and, it's my favorite too and, also the history channel and, Animal planet.
@T_gray (7807)
• Salina, Kansas
That's really awesome. Your lucky you get all these awesome channels. I only get basic cable. So I don't get much......
Dang that sucks Nat Geo is one of my favorite channels.
@T_gray (7807)
• Salina, Kansas
@TRBRocks420 yeah cable is an unnecessary bill for me that I just can't afford right now. :-(
@Rollo1 (16686)
• Boston, Massachusetts
Male lions fight each other, but the females do all the hunting. A tiger has the strength of 9 men? Which 9 men, I wonder? That could make a difference.
Most of the hunting. Lone males have to hunt for themselves and, they also defend the hunt from Hyena's, also true that could make the difference, but they are very strong none the less.
@VivaLaDani13 (21556)
• Perth, Australia
@TRBRocks420 Love all the information!
Glad you enjoyed it. I always love learning about and, watching the big cats.
@Lucky15 (33720)
Going to check that one. Always on nat geo channel
Those are interesting facts about lions and tigers oh by.