The Donation box.

Roseburg, Oregon
I just thought of this because of another post about donations. When my first husband died. I got all of his clothes together to donate. I should have taken them to a donation center. But I decided to take them and put them in a donation box. The box was full so I put the box and bag in the front of the box. When I drove away my kids yelled Mom look. I was at the stop sign and turned around to see four adult men going through the clothes and they ran off with the box and the bag. So do not leave donations in front of a donation box because someone will take off with the stuff.
@Drosophila (16862)
Hope they were put to good use.
@Drosophila I hope they needed them. There was some almost new clothes in the box.
@Drosophila (16862)
@jstory07 me too! But ya best drop them in shops in future I guess! I have some of mine to donate too.
@PatZAnthony (11730)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Hopefully they were in need!
I hope so to. I just watched thinking it was funny.
@garymarsh6 (12100)
Hopefully your good deed gave someone something they really needed.
That is what I told my kids as they were watching.
We take our donations directly to Salvation Army.
I will do that from now on.
you should donate them in person.Do you have an homeless shelter there,Salvation Army. This is what you should dl.Mike and I do our thing with the homeless.
This was over twenty years ago. I remembered it because of your discussion about donations.
@birjudanak (7166)
its really sad thing because though that man need but they do wrong thing because may be donation item go to orphans who need it badly and if you stole its means you are not good person.
Maybe they really needed them.
Who's to say that the men weren't homeless? Lol - you never know!
There has been a lot on the news about those donation boxes...I always take stuff to Goodwill or Habitat Restore.
@amnabas (9834)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Here at my plsce the donation boxes are locked and every one drop the donations inside coins.
@sofssu (14742)
I always take the stuff to church. People in real need always come asking for clothes and stuff to the church.