More cheap former-husband stories

I told you how cheap my former husband was regarding the cemetery plot...well, that was many years after our divorce. Now I'll tell you something that was going on during our marriage that I didn't find out about until after the divorce. My mother didn't drive, which was no problem since my father took her where she needed or wanted to go. However, my father didn't like to go to the movies and my former husband did. So my mother and 'el cheapo' started going to the movies maybe once a month. The movie theater was near a big shopping mall and many times they went early and stopped at Macy's. My mother always bought him something - a shirt or tie - as a thank you for taking her. That part we all knew about. Now here is the part I didn't know.... On some of those early movie trips when they got to the ticket window my x-husband would say he didn't have enough money or he had no money. My mother would pay, she always had a few bucks hidden in her wallet (see, that's where I get it from!) That began their routine and after a while my mother just assumed she would pay. She even kicked in gas money, after all, he was going out of his way to be nice - so she thought! As soon as we got our legal separation my mother told me these stories about the movies and el cheapo. I wish she had told me while it was still going on so I could have stopped it. I could do an entire book on his cheapness, but let me just say he inherited that from his mother....more later on the 'El Cheapo Family".
• Pleasant Hill, California
I've known some "el-cheapos" in my life. Usually they get a "reputation" but are themselves in denial about it.
There were things he did that proved he wasn't in denial. He knew exactly what he was doing and didn't care.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@AbbyGreenhill What kinds of things? The ones I know use both denial and projection.
@TheHorse That is left for another day.
He sure knew how to manipulate people.
Yes he did, and my mother being a nice person just assumed he was being nice.
@just4him I'm sure she did, but she didn't want to interfere in our marriage I would assume. His mother was the same as he was. A son and a son-in-law two different animals!
Boy, he was a real character, wasn't he.
He sure was. He put a lot of time into the wrong things.
He was a Super El Cheapo all right!
Without a doubt!
• Preston, England
sounds a pretty extreme cheapskate by such accounts
wow, so rude!