Looking forward to my next article on body camera's for officers

I thought I might stop in here to get your thoughts on the use of body camera's for officers. In your opinion, what do you feel might be the pro's and con's in using body cams? I'll be covering a conference on the topic December 3, 2015. Some of the things that will be covered would be legal filming policies, camera footage storage, battery life, retrieval of footage, distribution requirements and cloud software management. Currently, a number of devices are being tested by officers across the nation. Maryland is just one of the states which announced the trial run of body cams. An interesting fact has surfaced since these cam have come into play where less incidents are being reported. I find it very hard to believe it's due to officers suddenly being good, but rather false claims are being weeded out of the equation. While it's important to weed out bad officers one must keep in mind during recent rioting false claims were like wildfire spreading across the nation. There was nothing to stop these claims just a mere one persons word against another. But in recent months there has been a significant drop in the number of claims being reported. That doesn't mean the body cams won't be used in fact many departments are looking forward to the use of this new tool for their trade, while some citizens are now claiming privacy issues against the use of these cameras. How do you feel about the use of body cameras? Are you for or against it and why?
I can understand how useful they are but I would imagine there are also negatives, more than we realize.
• Brookville, Pennsylvania
In general I'm for them, the one issue I can see is who has access to the footage and how is it released to the public. I can just see some tabloid posting footage of the cops dealing with a drunk celebrity to muddy the legal waters.
I don't have strong feeling about it I guess. Really, we are filmed whereever we are these days. When I am skiing every second person has a camera on their helmet. Where ever they face; they are filming. So they film the terrain and any people they look towards. We are constantly being filmed.
I think I am for the body cameras, because cameras don't lie humans do.
I think they should have them, BUT I think the footage should be saved by a third party, and only be accessed with a court order, OR with that officer's permission, to prevent the boss from using to spy/harass that officer.