Christmas in Paris

@Inlemay (16654)
South Africa
Oh how i love thinking about my travels of far gone days. . . . and I love it when bloggers remind me how wonderful some cities are. Paris over the Christmas period is absolutely the most beautiful thing to see. I loved every step I took along the streets, and i walked most of them, not to miss anything. Have you a favorite photo of a special place during this time of the year? I see the site wouldnt upload my photo as well as a link - why is that?
It always surprises me when people come into a warm cafe and bring the cold in with them. A woman has just done it: her cheeks are flushed and as she passed...
The link is here, too bad about the picture. The only major city I've been to at Christmas is San Diego when I lived there. It was okay. I lived on Guam during Christmas and the decorations there are nice. It's unusual to see Christmas decorations without snow.
@Inlemay (16654)
• South Africa
but i can upload them in the comments - so here is a little bit of Paris lights during the festive season
@Inlemay Beautiful. I wonder why it won't post in the article.
@Inlemay (16654)
• South Africa
@just4him maybe two pictures or uploads per post is too much - that is why i can upload them in the comments
There is a small town near here, where every house is always decorated for Christmas it's pretty cool.
@Inlemay (16654)
• South Africa
that sounds wonderful - would you be able to take a trip and give us a snpshot ?
@Inlemay Yes, I will try, if we make it out there.
@Inlemay (16654)
• South Africa
@TRBRocks420 Be brave and make it for a few minutes to bring us some good cheer
@DeborahDiane (22487)
• Laguna Woods, California
I have been to Paris in the fall several times, but never during the Christmas season. I bet it is wonderful!
@Inlemay (16654)
• South Africa
its absolutely magical
YES IT IS thanks ! @Inlemay
A tradition in our family was always to go to New York City to see the big tree at Rockefellar Center and of course the big Christmas show at Radio City. Being in NY at holiday time wonderful with all the lights and stores are all decorated too.
I love looking at everyone's Christmas lights and decorations.
Santa Claus Village - Rovaniemi, Finland
I remember a magic Christmas in Rovaniemi (Finland), when my niece was still a little kid. She was excited to be at Santa Claus village.
@Inlemay (16654)
• South Africa
Oh that is just beautiful - wow imagine all children seeing that -they would never give up on Christmas.
@Inlemay It was beautiful, but cold, very very cold.
@Inlemay (16654)
• South Africa
@LadyDuck oh i would love to experience that - cold, snow, lights, Christmas and a language I dont know, but Seasonally understand.
• Canton, Michigan
I would love to visit Paris any time.
@Inlemay (16654)
• South Africa
well i am trying to give you all a little look of my Christmas there, so here is your photo of the day of Christmas in Paris
@Inlemay That is a lovely photo.
@dodo19 (33043)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I'd love to go to Paris. I've never been, but it's something I hope to do one day.
@Inlemay (16654)
• South Africa
Well i hope you get there - I took me 50 years before i went for the first time, and now i have been twice. Just a walk down the fashion house lane is mind boggling
@dodo19 (33043)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@Inlemay I'm glad you finally made it. I'm sure I'll make it too.
I would actually love to see Paris over the holidays, I bet it something wonderful
@Inlemay (16654)
• South Africa
its full of foreigners from Denmark, Sweden and other northern European states - its magical and i would go there again in a heart beat - The NIGHTs are the Best.
@Inlemay I can only imagine, all those lights!
@Platespinner (16783)
I guess the closest I've been to Paris for Christmas is New Orleans. Pretty impressive in itself, but not Paris I'm afraid.
@Dragonairy1 (1414)
• Newcastle Upon Tyne, England
I don't think I do, I'm always at home for Christmas.
My favorite place during Wintertime is closer to my home than Paris France, it is in NY in the Catskill Mountains; however my bank book does not have enough in there to travel that distance at this time so mum and I will enjoy Winter best we can, here
@sallypup (27514)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Sounds lovely and so walkable. Fairy land?