Making Lists and Checking Them Twice

I cannot believe it is December 2nd already. With little ones who still believe in Santa Claus, big ones with Christmas parties to attend, a new part-time job, and the plans to host Christmas dinner, I have much to keep me busy! I need to start making myself lists: lists of what I have bought; lists of what to buy; lists of food for Christmas day; lists of food for Christmas eve; lists of activities; lists of work days; lists of bills to pay; lists of bills coming due soon. I haven't even finished decorating for Christmas. I have a feeling this is going to be an extremely quick December.
When I was back in my 20's I bought a spiral notebook with 3 sections to it. I use the first section for what I bought who for Christmas. I keep the receipts in there, and that way I don't buy a niece or nephew the same thing a couple of years apart. I have another section for feeding large crowds, the amount of potatoes, how many pounds of meat. It comes in handy.
sounds like a great idea!
@juliaacv your notebook sounds like a great solution for gift giving etc. You should write a post about it
@Marilynda1225 You made me laugh, okay, I'll start a discussion on it because I am interested in hearing other's methods of organization too. Stay tuned....
@salonga (27963)
I am also very busy decorating my home for Christmas. I am certainly just as excited for this season.
@Marcyaz (35651)
It does feel a lot like Christmas and the Holiday Season is a lot of fun.
@salonga (27963)
@Marcyaz yes, I can feel and smell Christmas wherever I go.
@Marcyaz (35651)
@salonga I am beginning to see and smell Christmas also as people are starting to decorate the outside of their homes and the town has put up decorations on the light poles.
yes its really going to go fast b ut I have to get some mon ey before I can buy Gifts lol b ut I do love this season go much.
I know. I'm at a standstill for gift buying until next paycheck!
@Marcyaz (35651)
I checked out some items on Amazon today and just need to check sizes again and some other information before I will buy anything more.
@Marcyaz (35651)
@jillybean1222 At least you have a next paycheck to look forward to.
@1creekgirl (10664)
It really does seem to be flying by! I'm also a list person. I have my main list, then my sub-lists, then short versions of the sub-lists. One year I lost my main list, but thankfully I had almost finished.
oh and somehow reading this reminded me of christmas cards! i'm never going to get done
@1creekgirl (10664)
@jillybean1222 Christmas cards are one thing I've dropped from my to-do list at Christmas. Just don't have the time nor the energy.
@1creekgirl I still send out a few cards but nothing like the old days when I had a book just for names & addresses for my cards.
@T_gray (7808)
• Salina, Kansas
Your gonna kill a small tree with all those lists. Haha just playing. I hope your able to find "you" time and time to breath in between all that. Good luck. And I'm sending more positive thoughts your way.
1thanks! i get my me time at yoga around 5 times a week. thankfully
@jillybean1222 with being so busy you'll need that yoga time to recharge your battery
@Marcyaz (35651)
Hoping you get to take a breather inbetween all that list making you have to do.
I had to stop decorating since my husband got sick and I need him to bring the rest up from the basement. It will get done, don't worry - just do a little at a time.
I'd like to hang some outside, but i'm not sure if that is happening
@Marcyaz (35651)
@jillybean1222 Don't know if we will hang lights outside this year or not, guess it depends if we can find them or not.
@tammys85 (10641)
The lists will definitely help you get organized. You'll get everything done though, don't worry. Maybe you can ask the older kids to help, even if it's just with wrapping presents for others. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. :)
@GreatMartin (4861)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Happy ALL Holidays
Hey I am a 'big one' and I still believe in Santa Claus!!!
love the picture! and yes, me too!
• Eugene, Oregon
December will be short and challenging for you, but you are up to it!
as i sit here watching a christmas movie!
@Lucky15 (33751)
My dexors is nor complete yet too. The lights are still in the box
I made my list before I headed out to shop today and left it on my kitchen counter.
Yes, Christmas is coming quickly.
@HazySue (21943)
@jillybean1222 this time of year is always super busy for me. It sounds like you are happily busy for Christmas. I decorate as I have time. I put up my tree first and the rest is as I get the time to do it.
@silvermist (20080)
@jillybean1222 Please prepare the lists and attend to them one by one.You will finish every thing in time.No worries.
@simone10 (21650)
• Louisville, Kentucky
It seems like a quick December for me as well. I know that Christmas usually gets here a lot quicker than most of us are ready for but it seems like this year it has arrived and is going by faster than ever.
• Rochester, New York
For me time always seems to fly in December, which stinks!
@Gabugs (1763)
Hi! @jillybean1222 First of all, I'm delighted to meet up with you again, Are you the same one from Bubblews? Do you remember me? So glad to see you busy and involved in so many things. Christmas is not too close, so I think you could work things out steadily. Set a priority list too- - -that way, you'll know what to do first and so on. Good Luck!
@Marcyaz (35651)
It will be a busy month for you with all the lists you have to make and working part time. Good Luck with it all.