Why do people cheat?

Are humans just naturally polygamous?
@GoAskAlice (4145)
Hi and welcome! This could be a great discussion, if you edit it to include a bit more content. We discourage posts that consist of only a single sentence. thanks!
@GoAskAlice it's still up with no apparent additions. People are abusing myLot with kind of posting. Some myLotters are getting concerned.
@vandana7 (53761)
I was about to write a single word "yes"...and wait for somebody to report it.
@vandana7 (53761)
@HanVanMeegerin ..may be the person will return tomorrow.
@cupkitties (6690)
No they're not because if that were the case then all humans would be in polygamous relationships. I'm human and sure don't have it in me to deal with some man and his 50 other wives. I can not possibly be a wife to more than one husband either. There are numerous reasons for cheating and sometimes there is no reason at all. I think some people cheat just to cheat and it's not about "spreading seeds" either because not all men are interested in becoming fathers.
@vandana7 (53761)
I think we get programmed. Like the car keys.
@srisahara (4099)
I think so, humans have a tend to boring with the same people in certain time. In my religion, a man can has 1 up to 4 wives, it is for avoiding cheating. But it is not run for a woman.
• Tel Aviv, Israel
Does the women in your culture don't feel jealous having to share their man with other women? What is the arrangements?
@srisahara (4099)
@ayushdixit Yes, you are right...
@vandana7 (53761)
I am inclined to believe that reasoning about 4 wives is not correct. lol. I mean, that means women in your religion would have to give birth to 4 girls for every boy..lol. That is not possible, right? lol. I think that 4 wives thing came with a more serious consideration. The idea was when men went for war, and did not return, somebody had to take care of their families. Therefore, it was allowed to take more wives. How the number 4 came up may have been based on the number of survivors who returned at the time. :) I think the later reasoning is more appropriate. Once a family is accepted as family of spouse it becomes easier to provide instead of providing for a stranger where no obligation exists so there will be random help. :) Give credit to people of that time, they were wise too. It is now that people are misinterpreting that.
• Portugal
honestly i think people cheat because we always feel the need of being the centre of someone's universe. and if we are not with a boyfriend who makes us feel that way we tend to cheat. that isnt my case though. if i have a boyfriend and he doesnt give me attention i will talk to him. if nothing changes then we will break up. cheating is just wrong and unfair.
• Chennai, India
absolutely right. lack of attention/love/care makes us feel unwanted. but cheating is a different scenario
• Portugal
@smoneyshoney yes cheating is very bad. the best is that if you are with someone who doesnt care, doesnt give you love neither attention you leave that person. life is short and we should spend it near people who really love us and dont waste time because we never know when will be our last day here. and i want my life to be worth living.
• Chennai, India
@sweetloveforeve all the best to your love life :) Keep rocking :)
@parpande (610)
• Bangalore, India
@heymarie there should be many reasons for cheating . But I would like to highlight one of them there are many people who have done arrange marriage and while trying to find a girlfriend or boyfriend in their wife or husband they could not find such love and rapport.
@vandana7 (53761)
You are asking for it. lol. Yes. Animals tend to stay together only for a while. They move on. They can then find another partner based on what amuses them. Cohabit and then move on. So humans are pretty much like that, except we program ourselves to certain norms. Have you ever wondered why you brush your teeth before you bathe? We just get habituated to thinking and doing things based on what our peers do or did. But every once in a while we become wild and wonder why should we ever be restricted or told to follow a pattern of behavior. The defiance possibly is the cause for that polygamous nature.