6 gifts ahead this year!

Rochester, New York
Mum and I went Christmas shopping after dinner tonight. It was great walking around Wal-Mart aimlessly... I found what I needed and was done in about half hour, while it took her at least ann hour and a half to look around. I was going nuts because I hate just wandering around a store just window shopping as I call it. We got presents for my two nieces and a few things for stockings. Last year at this time weren't prepared, but this year were starting early.
@Asylum (46793)
• Manchester, England
It certainly makes a change coming across a woman who dfoes not spend 6 hours around the stores to decide on one single purchase.
@Marcyaz (36126)
I have gone with people like that and never again would I go shopping with them.
@Asylum (46793)
• Manchester, England
@Marcyaz It certainly does make the day seem like an endurance test.
@Marcyaz (36126)
@Asylum Yes I do have to agree that it does make the day seem like and endurance test.
@simone10 (22269)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I am not big on shopping so when I go, I just get what I need and then leave. I prefer shopping by myself so that I don't have to wait on anyone. I normally go shopping with my brother and fortunately he is the same way I am.
@Marcyaz (36126)
That is a good way to be.
@simone10 (22269)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@Marcyaz I don't enjoy shopping and try to get in and out as quickly as possible. My grandmother could shop all day and not buy a thing. I loved her dearly but hated to go shopping with her.
@Marcyaz (36126)
@simone10 I also like to get in and out and not waste time just walking around buying nothing.
@katsmeow1213 (28820)
I am completely finished with my shopping. I just need a chance to bring the stuff in and start wrapping it!
@Marcyaz (36126)
I will be using Christmas shopping bags this year for most of the gifts.
• Rochester, New York
@katsmeow1231 I have a few things left to buy. I can't wait until everything is bought and done.
I am not a big shopping fan and I hate going around just to look.
@Marcyaz (36126)
I go in a store and pretty much know what I want and go right to that aisle find what I want and usually leave pretty quick, only once in a while will I browse.
• Rochester, New York
I have a list and know what I want and where it is in the store. There are also maps at the entrance of the store so you will always know where to find things you need.
I hate going shopping with anyone else. I like to get what I want then get out of there
• Rochester, New York
@jaboUK That's the way to do it!
I can relate. It's not a nice feeling to be just window shopping but not buying any at all.
• Rochester, New York
@SIMPLYD I can't stand it. I didn't like it as a child and still don't like it as an adult. lol
@T_gray (7898)
• Salina, Kansas
I have to be in the mood to shop. But usually I hate shopping including window shopping
• Rochester, New York
@T_gray I don't mind shopping for myself if I'm shopping for myself, it's different if I'm shopping for other people.
@scheng1 (24950)
If you do not buy anything, it is not a waste of time. You can treat it as a walking exercise in a nice and warm environment. Always think about the positive in a given situation, even when you feel that you are wasting your time walking around, and buying nothing.
• Rochester, New York
@scheng1 Very true, but on the other hand I have seen folks who are walking around the mall in the early morning. They come in and "window" shop every morning. I heard one lady saying how she didn't have the $$ for a wallet and the other woman with her told her to pocket it. For some people the temptation to steal is just too strong especially if you have a problem with stealing in the first place. I was always raised with the mind set "If you don't have the $$ to shop then don't go to stores."
Sounds fun we are going on Sunday I think and, also to Wal-Mart.
• Rochester, New York
@TRBRocks420 Have fun shopping!