~Long Morning With Needles~

Jacksonville, Florida
Once again I'm getting the diabetes test done, this time the 3 hour one. I am finally getting it done. I put it off for a while but today is the day. I already drank the nasty drink and I have been fasting since midnight. I am tired and I'm not feeling the greatest. They have to draw blood 4 times. =( I'm ready to eat and go to sleep! I hope your morning is going better than mine!
@PhredWreck (6051)
A test because you have it, or to see if you have it, or to measure blood sugar over a period, or?
• Marion, Kansas
Looking for gestational condition.
@PhredWreck It is to see if I have diabetes while pregnant. It is a miserable test, but now it is over thank God.
@kaka135 (13989)
@LovingMyBabies You are pregnant now? Congratulations. Now I can understand the process.... I have heard about the diabetes tests from my friends. I heard about the nasty drink. Hopefully your blood sugar level is normal.
• Marion, Kansas
This is important for your health and for the baby but I know it is miserable. I hope you get some positive answers.
@GardenGerty It was miserable but I know I had to do it which is why I did. I am glad to be home and finished with the test.
@kaka135 (13989)
When I looked at the title, I thought you were mentioning the knitting needles. The needles you have sound scary to me. Hope the test result is good, and you don't need to do such test again.
@kaka135 It is a horrible test, but thank God it is over now.
@scheng1 (24812)
Wow, that sounds awful. Just seeing the word "needle" is enough to make me feel the pain. I cannot imagine how life is like to have such tests done so many times a year. I hope that you have good results, and do not have to go to such tests for a long time.
@scheng1 It is really awful. I am feeling absolutely drained now. I am glad it is over though.
I may soon have to have this done too. I am 'pre-diabetic' and the doc told me that the next time my glucose is 22 or more I will be termed as diabetic. I hate the thought of it. I will be going to the doc for my annual check up in February or March. Good luck! Hope all goes well for you. I hate test and being messed with for blood tests.
@T_gray (7836)
• Salina, Kansas
I really am glad you finally got this test done. even though the process sucked, which we both know. I hope the results were on the positive side of things
@inertia4 (27395)
I guess there are different tests for different types of diabetes. I never has to drink a horrible drink. Just a fasting blood sugar test. Take care of that now before it turns into full blown diabetes.
@shellyjaneo (1091)
Someone I work with is having this done tomorrow, well I think it is the same, a glucose tolerance test. I hope the results are good for you x
@Blondie2222 (21220)
Good luck to you and i hope you pass this one so you don't have to do it again
@ria1606roy (2688)
• Kolkata, India
That is one rough way to start a morning, but it's for the best! You don't want to end up in the cross hairs of diabetes raging havoc on your system.
I hope everything will go ok for you. Take care.