How Many Photo Albums / Boxes Do You Have?

@Dalane (707)
I am in the process of doing a big organization of my household items in preparation for an upcoming move. I was surprised of all the photos in albums and boxes that I have accumulated over the years. Even though all my photos in the last several years have been digital, I still have many boxes of old pictures from years ago. I counted ten different albums and seven packed shoe boxes. My husband has two drawers full of photos. Then there are the ones we framed. Eventually, I'll go through them and scan my favorites. I suppose I can get rid of a lot of them, but that is a project for another day.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I have one big photo album from before digital cameras took over, but I can't find it right now!
@fishtiger58 (29386)
• Momence, Illinois
I have one big box, on my external hard drive I have over 10,000.
@Dalane (707)
Wow, that's a lot of photos. Do you have a way to organize them?
@fishtiger58 (29386)
• Momence, Illinois
@Dalane I just put them in folders that say what camera I used. I have 3 so I like to know which one I used. I have some that say vacation, graduation, and holidays.
@ramapo17 (17935)
• Melbourne, Florida
I have so many photos that I filled up 3 huge boxes. The last 5 Christmas's, after sorting through the pictures, I made scrap books for my kids and wrapped them up with their Christmas presents. They sat Christmas Eve for a very long time laughing and going through the books and enjoying them.
@Dalane (707)
What a great idea. Photo albums make such great gifts. I'm sure you cleared out a lot of space too.
@ramapo17 (17935)
• Melbourne, Florida
@Dalane I did and I still have more to go through and maybe make some more scrap books for my kids and grandchildren. My son, who was almost 40 at the time said it was the best Christmas he received. That made me feel good.
I don't have many photo books now since all photos are stored on my computer or USB.
@Dalane (707)
That's what I want to do. I'll save my favorites in physical form too, but most on them can go on the computer.
@PainsOnSlate (18683)
My daughter bought me some albums and the tools to put them together and we we get together its a project we work on. I have a huge box of all the photos sorted and ready to be put in books. I hope to finish this by Christmas. Since digital, I too keep all my photos on the computer. I do want to save my old ones too.
@Dalane (707)
What a nice way to spend time with your daughter.
• Denmark
We'll also be moving in the near future. I'm already thinking of what to throw away. Too many superfluous things have accumulated.
@Dalane (707)
We are in the process of packing now and I can't believe how much stuff we accumulated.
No one in my family cares about them. They are never viewed by anyone. What a waste of time, effort and money they were.