I'm Almost Done With A Survey Site

After these last two weeks, I’m almost done with the Vindale survey site. Last night it directed me to a survey and it took me about 20 minutes. But at the end of it, it froze when I had it 91 percent done. I tried refreshing the page over and over but it wouldn’t let me go forward. What a big waste of time this was. Last week I did 4 surveys in a row. So far I’ve only been credited for one. It is almost time to let this one go. Plus when you make $300 in their calendar year they want your social security number. They say they have to have when you make $600. I understand this, but they aren't getting it.
• Ecuador
It's really strange to hear that you're disappointed with survey sites, especially considering you are from the US. I've heard you can make a living from taking surveys if you live in the US or Canada.
I don't think anyone could 'make a living' doing surveys...unless you do hundreds and hundreds of them a week.
• Ecuador
@AbbyGreenhill It's maybe exaggerated to say that someone can make a living completing surveys, but I remember having seen some sites that paid up to $20 per survey (to people in the US, of course). That's a good amount if you take them daily.
@Asylum I get a ton of spam.
I guess it is time for you to quit...I wouldn't waste time.
were you the one that suggested crowdtap? I'm loving it.
@Jessicalynnt No that wasn't me. Will check it out though, thanks!
@Susan2015 I do think you might like, surveys are short, and fun. no immed rewards, but I have won 5 dollar gift cards in oct and nov!
try crowdtap!
• Ecuador
Does it work only in the US?
@ricextreme I have no idea. You can go to the sites and see.
• Ecuador
@Susan2015 Ok, I did it, and as expected, it's only for US residents. Their website reads "Membership in the Program is open to individuals only (not corporations or other legal entities) located in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia."
@Asylum (45915)
• Manchester, England
I wonder how much personal data you have given out so far and how much spam it will generate.
@Asylum Not the most important data.
@Asylum (45915)
• Manchester, England
@Susan2015 You will have supplied your email address along with shopping habits and your preferences, which will be immediately sold to countless other companies who will end up contacting you.
@Asylum Some of that has already happened. I get a lot of spam.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I occasionally do polls for E-poll. I'm not sure how much I make, but I've come away with a few $20 Home Depot gift certificates and such like.
@TheHorse The two main ones I do are very good. I've gotten two $25 Applebee's ones and money from the other one. The Vindale takes a lot of surveys to get to $50 and alot of time.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@Susan2015 Yeah, the ones I get from E-poll are quite occasional. I signed up years ago, and just never completely stopped doing it. I kind of enjoy when I get to leave comments. Hopefully someone gets a laugh out of them. I'm pretty honest. Can you imagine me being able to anonymously respond to "What words come to mind when you see this celebrity?" with a picture of Kim Kardashian or Justin Bieber in front of me?
@TheHorse They wouldn't like my answers to those so called celebrities.!
@Drosophila (16886)
For the time it takes, sounds very pointless.
@Drosophila Yes, for 20-25 minutes and the survey is 75 cents usually.
@Drosophila (16886)
@Susan2015 I think survey sites are serious waste of time. There are enough content oriented sites that rewards their members better.
@slund2041 (3497)
I am sorry it is messing up like that for you. It might be time to give it up. I never made much working survey sites.
I'm having trouble with Inbox Dollars. The amount has been frozen for several days no matter how many e-mails I view.
@norcal (3280)
• Nevada City, California
I tried a few survey sites a few years ago, and I never collected one dime from any of them. Apparently my opinion is not worth squat.
The two main ones that I like I have gotten gift cards and small amounts of money. The Vindale one is more and more a waste of time it seems although it pays but you have to do a ton of surveys.
@norcal (3280)
• Nevada City, California
@Susan2015 Every survey I did would string me along for ten minutes before it told me I did not qualify.
@norcal I've had some like that too.
@poehere (15696)
• French Polynesia
I personally find them a waste of time and no matter what they want all the info and never want to pay for it.
Some of them can be a big waste of time. The biggest one I just dropped.
@poehere (15696)
• French Polynesia
@Blondie2222 (16312)
I won't get on sites that need your social security or any kind of information like that. To me it's a scam site. Sorry you keep losing your progress when trying to do surveys though that can be frustrating.
@Blondie2222 I won't ever give them my Social Security number.
@lovebuglena (2020)
I would certainly be skeptical about giving away my ssn. I recently joined the swagbucks site where part of the way you earn is by taking surveys. Some surveys are more than 10 minutes long and it can get annoying doing them. Sometimes I do some and I get disqualified after answering a certain set of questions. I guess the responses I give means that I am not qualified to continue on. There are other ways to earn on the site, one of which is participating in offers, but I can't bring myself to try that out yet. Not sure I need any of the offers they give.
@lovebuglena I tried Swagbucks but had too much trouble trying to get into their site. Not sure if it was my internet or their site.I quit that one over a month ago.
My advice: do not waste time with those sites, I think they do this on purpose.
@Marlina I think the Vindale one is doing that on purpose.
@amnabas (9702)
• Karachi, Pakistan
I always these survey sites are wastage of time.
@amnabas They can be sometimes.
I don't have the time or patience for surveys.
I do not do survey.Have no interest.Beside they never listen to me
Oh Vindale is a scam survey site. Read reviews on sites..Pinecone is one of the only ones I bother with anymore.
@kaka135 (13425)
Have you been paid by that site? I am always lazy to work on survey sites, as it may take very long time to do the surveys. Sometimes when I have answered many questions for quite some time, I was told I am not eligible for the survey. I did get paid by a few survey sites, so I only work on these sites. But I have missed many survey opportunity as I am lazy to answer so many questions.