So long Dave!

Rochester, New York
My mum and I went to Famous Dave's BBQ tonight for dinner. We sat at our table for 15 minutes, during that time no one came to ask us what we wanted to drink or to take our orders. We got up and went out to the waiting area. Standing at the bar were 4 servers and the manager laughing and talking. My mum talked to the manager rather sternly and stormed out. I followed and mouthed the words "I'm sorry" to him. She went a bit overboard with her words and ended up being downright rude to him. We ended up at Applebee's and had our favourite server Kyle.
She had a right to be annoyed and to say something. But maybe there was a better way to say it. Sorry you were embarrassed. That happened to us at Boston Pizza once. We sat there for about half an hour because we weren't in a hurry and we got curious to find out if someone would ever notice us. We were going to say something but the manager was busy when we left so we just left. We never went back to that place for more than a year. I convinced my husband that there were probably new staff by then.
• Rochester, New York
I know she had a right to be annoyed, but it was the way she reacted that was rude and uncalled for. The manager offered to make things right and she was still mean to him. I have to give him kudos though because he kept his cool the whole time she was blasting him.
@LisaSteinmetz He is a true professional. If he offered to make it right what else could he do.
• Rochester, New York
@paigea Exactly that's what I told her. :)
@Blondie2222 (21220)
Sorry you had a bad experience there and your mom wasn't so nice. I love applebees
• Rochester, New York
I said Applebee's the first time, but she was craving BBQ. lol So in the end we ended up where I originally wanted to be in the first place.
@Mike197602 (13363)
• Worcester, England
id be on your mums side as things like that would really annoy me
• Rochester, New York
WeIl a few of the servers at the bar were eating so I told her that they could be on break/dinner. She didn't take that into consideration and the manager apologized and offered to wait on us personally, but she refused to stay. It was a little embarrassing for me.