What material is used for Tabla making?

By sri
@gamyam (572)
Hyderabad, India
I like music on tabla. One of my friend's son is master in tabla playing. I make enjoying his mrudangam occasionally..I want to know the making material of Tabla... Generally who likes to play on this instrument?...Is it easy to learn playing.
@owlwings (39738)
• Cambridge, England
Tabla consists of two drums. One is made of metal or clay and the other is made of wood. Both have a head made of goatskin and both have tuning mechanisms so that they can be tuned to the dominant notes of the music being accompanied. There is a very detailed description of the way the Tabla are made and used here:
Shop Login Username Password Remember my ID Want to Signup? Forgot Password? or click an icon to login with any of these Subsribe to our mailing list Loading user data please wait..     Sponsors Facebook Tweet The Instrument database lists the various ins
@owlwings (39738)
• Cambridge, England
There is also another article which you may find interesting here:
Search Main menu Skip to primary content Skip to secondary content   Introduction Tablas are harmonically complex and tonally rich sets of drums used in a variety of musical genres ranging from the devotional music of Hindus, Sikhs, and Muslims to film, fo