Would You Like To Take A Trip Around The World?

If you had the money and the time and the desire to go on a trip around the world, what would be the TOP TEN places that you would like to visit? And WHY would you like to go or WHAT would you want to see in particular when you get there? For me, I have always wanted to go to AUSTRALIA. It's a BIG country, actually a continent, so getting to see everything there would be impossible. Even for people who live in Australia, I doubt if they have seen it all. It would be like living here in the USA and seeing everything there is to see. I've lived here most of my life, except for a year and a half in Japan, and there are many, many places in the U. S. that I have never visited and probably never will. But, if I went to Australia, I should like to see the Great Barrier Reef area, Alice Springs and Uluru (Ayers Rock) and Canberra, the capital. I have always wanted to go. I have read much about Australia. I have seen movies and TV shows about it. I have a DVD that shows many of the things there are to see. I love the movie: "Australia" with Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman. I own it and watch it from time to time. Have you been to Australia? Do you live there? I will tell you some of the other Top Ten places I would like to visit in another post.
@Drosophila (16713)
I haven't been to Australia and wouldn't mind going for sure.
Your country of Ireland is another place that I would LOVE to visit. Some of my ancestors were from Ireland. I have been tracing my family back as far as I can go right now. It's been very interesting. Ireland is a beautiful country from what I've seen in photos, movies and documentaries, which I enjoy watching whenever they come on TV. I just got a new Smart TV and I'm learning how to take advantage of all the new channels that I have now. So much to learn.
@Drosophila (16713)
@IreneVincent That's great to hear! You would like it here then! Though I'm not Irish myself (actually British). But I do like it here, if you can handle the rain and the greyness.
@Drosophila Ireland is so GREEN, so I suspect they do have a lot of rain. I never thought about that though. Rain would make for a grey day, I guess. Never thought about that either. Not that it's any of my business, but did you have a special reason to move to Ireland?
@vickyrose (1990)
• Canberra, Australia
I live here, in Canberra. I love it here and are yet to go to the Great Barrier Reef and Uluru (Ayrs Rock). Come and visit, would love to meet with you too.
I would love to visit you in Canberra. Australia is a huge continent and seeing it all, as I mentioned, is like seeing everything here in the USA. I've seen more than many persons who live here, have, but there is still a lot I haven't seen. I have seen Niagara Falls, the Grand Canyon, The Bad Lands, Lake Tahoe, the Rocky Mountains, Pike's Peak, Miami Beach, and many of the big cities, like New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, St. Louis, San Antonio, and Virginia Beach. But, there are so many other places that I would love to see in my own country, as well as other countries.