Biscuit disaster!

@Fleura (7197)
United Kingdom
There has been terrible flooding in the north of England and southern Scotland, with Keswick and Carlisle particularly badly affected. Thousands of people have had to leave their homes, and businesses are facing massive bills to get back to normal operation. And the worst aspect of all this for the rest of us in other areas of the country? The McVities biscuit factory has had to shut down!! Arrgh! How will I get any work done with no chocolate digestives?
Discover the delicious range of McVitie's products. From chocolate biscuits to breakfast biscuits, find all our classic treats on our website.
@boiboing (12198)
• Northampton, England
I used to live by the Hobnob factory in Manchester - probably the one @Wordazza is referring to. It always smelled fabulous.
@WorDazza (10042)
• Manchester, England
It's the one on the A6 just south of Longsight!! It does indeed smell fabulous still.
@boiboing (12198)
• Northampton, England
@WorDazza It's in Levenshulme at the Heaton Thingy end (there are a lot of Heaton's, I forget which one).
@WorDazza (10042)
• Manchester, England
@boiboing That's the one. I always get confused as to where Longsight ends and Levenshulme starts. Heaton Chapel I believe it is!!
I emailed a friend in the area and they are safe at the moment. Are the floods worsening or has the rain stopped?
@Fleura (7197)
The rain has stopped but now they are getting much colder weather so different problems to deal with on top of the floods : (
@Fleura There always seems to be something.
@Asylum (48282)
• Manchester, England
I was unaware that the biscuit production had been affected, which is certainly catastrophic news. There will probably be a rush on biscuits in the shops now and they will be sold out before the day is over.
@Fleura (7197)
You're probably right, I was planning to get some (although I was planning to buy some anyway, that's why I particularly noticed this piece of news!)
This is tragic, I suppose that now there will be a rush to buy biscuits.
@WorDazza (10042)
• Manchester, England
I pass the McVities factory in South Manchester every day on my way into work. I'll pop in and get you a job lot of chocolate digestives!!!
@inertia4 (27582)
That is sad to hear that all those floods are affecting those areas there. I hate hearing about people having to relocate. But those biscuits sound good. Maybe they have a place somewhere else that you can order from.
@DaddyEvil (24031)
• Aurora, Missouri
Wow, it is too bad about all the flooding! I am sure I would have been told by now if the floods had adverse affects on any of my friends in those areas... Yeah, businesses that are affected by natural disasters usually take forever to re-open, without even considering how much it might cost to clean the places up and ready them for business again! Uhm... biscuits are cookies, right, Fleur? Is there something special about that brand or that business? (Sorry, I guess I'm really lost in this post.)
@Fleura (7197)
Yes, biscuits are cookies, and McVities make the best ones in my opinion. I've tried cheaper alternatives, and I've tried fancier brands, but I always come back to my old favourites.